Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Rules] Engineers vs. Caves
03-20-2017, 12:38 PM,
Engineers vs. Caves
Started playing Guadalcanal scenarios. One of the historical aberrations my opponent and I ran into was that there is no modifier when using engineers against caves. We checked the 4th edition rules, Guadalcanal and Saipan special rules. Was this an oversight? We are leaning in the direction of "yes".
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
03-20-2017, 12:42 PM,
RE: Engineers vs. Caves
I will take a look Wednesday as that kind of surprise me.

Keep in mind I was not involved in the development of the rules so I have no clue if it was an oversight.
03-21-2017, 01:47 AM,
(03-20-2017, 12:38 PM)plloyd1010 Wrote: Started playing Guadalcanal scenarios. One of the historical aberrations my opponent and I ran into was that there is no modifier when using engineers against caves. We checked the 4th edition rules, Guadalcanal and Saipan special rules. Was this an oversight? We are leaning in the direction of "yes".
Thought the same when I played this scenario recently; both the engineers and the mortar units don't really contribute much.
03-21-2017, 02:01 AM,
I can see how the mortars wouldn't be much use after the jungle advance. The engineers should have been quite handy as a satchel charges and demo kits do interesting things to caves.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
03-21-2017, 02:30 AM,
Yeah they (engineers) should probably have the modifier, even if not stated.