Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kaboom!
10-21-2016, 01:55 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-21-2016, 02:12 AM by larry marak.)
RE: Kaboom!
The BT tank series was designed for rapid road movement in the road network of central Europe. Think of them as Tzar Alexiev's mechanized Cossacks. As the champion of pan-Slavism, Alexiev probably supplied his "little brothers" with swift, highly efficient BT-11s. ( I liked the "Iceberg" hypothesis). REALLY looking forward to the Battle for Poland game. We've had a very small taste of Imperial German armor and French armor in Land Cruisers. No idea what Italian, Austrian, Romanian and Japanese armor will show up like in the Second Great War. Since the technology is about 1935 era, we should see large numbers of tankettes, Marmon mammoths, Rumanian developed FT-21s, Italian multiple rocket launching Moto Guzzi's.

I've gotta find a way to keep my compromised heart pumping for at least another 9 years.
10-21-2016, 02:20 AM,
I joke about the Serbian armor since the "history" has Serbia not only impoverished but has its political leanings compromised by the economic power of Austria-Hungary. As the preamble of River Fleets discusses, the Russians were none too sure that the Serbs or Romanians would ultimately join the attack.
No "minor" country left behind...
10-21-2016, 08:18 PM,
Moto Guzzi rocket launcher no but...
[Image: Vespa_militare2.JPG]
10-21-2016, 08:20 PM,
Now that's a bike! Perfect for dealing with hwy 119 during rush hour.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
10-22-2016, 11:14 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-22-2016, 01:20 PM by larry marak.)
Cross compatibility. OK folks, time to break out your PanzerGrenadier gunboats used in Sc 14 and Edelweiss IV scenario 41. The Azov flotilla Gunboats are one hex boats under River Fleets rules, and ready for play in "Advanced Gunboat Leader". Movement and combat values fully compatible. Edelweiss gives us 2 hex Soviet craft, since they were printed as R movement allowance just run em according to two hex boat rules. Time for von Trapp to dance with the Russkies!!! Thanks Dan, Matt, and Mike :-).
10-22-2016, 11:48 PM,
How many times must I write my name is DANIEL, not Dan, before you get it?
10-23-2016, 12:34 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-23-2016, 12:58 AM by larry marak.)
Sorry Hugmenot. One of my brothers is also named Daniel, and I had to train myself to call him Dan, not Danny. At least I'm no longer calling you Huegonot.
10-23-2016, 01:26 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-23-2016, 12:55 PM by larry marak.)
By the way, the two hex riverboats from Edelweiss are armored, like the customs vessels that exchanged broadsides in the first weeks of the Second Great War on the Danube and Sava rivers, the Azov flotilla boat is likwis armored (armor value 3) and hold their own against enemy armor better than the smaller customs boats in River Fleets.
10-23-2016, 02:17 AM,
While there are no scenarios in River Fleets involving tanks (there are some AT guns), the 2-hex river boats will indeed hold their own against tanks because of their armor, the penalty to hit them if they are not anchored nor grounded, and the four hits it takes to eliminate them. Long boats will also outgun most tanks.

The small river boats also take four hits but they are not as heavily armed or armored.
10-23-2016, 01:01 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-23-2016, 01:40 PM by larry marak.)
According to a current Russian internet source, the Soviet Union fielded some 310 river and lake craft from 1934 to 1945 (this may be a count of started hulls however.). Per the daily content article of some years ago, the Soviets had 1 third large boats, 2 thirds small boats ..the brown water navy's fighting craft were armed by the expediant of mounting T-34 or T-28 turrets on board, armed with 76.2 tank guns and mgs. The T-28 turrets obviously needed some work to house 76.2 cannon. The larger boats sported 2 turrets. These brown water fighting boats fought throughout the war on the Danube, Donetz, Prius, Volga, Vistula, and Oder. Obviously, now that Matt and Daniel have developed the rules for PG riverine combat, there's room for many new historical scenarios.