Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wire?
10-31-2016, 04:18 AM,
RE: Wire?
Sorry, I'm not sure what you're asking. All I'm saying is that Dr. Mike used to be very against Vassal mods and refused to officially allow them, at least beyond the intro Airborne one. Now, with your hard work he's allowing more of them to be available.

And thus since he's reversed his mind on Vassal maybe, if someone else was going to do the work at least, he'd allow living rules.
10-31-2016, 11:35 PM,
You seemed to be suggesting a living rules implementation method through Vassal modules, rather that the opening of a policy change. I do not see an implementation path for rules except via help file entries. Since one is supposed to already have access to the dead-tree version of the games, such an implementation would be superfluous, and probably contrary to Dr. Mike's intended permission.

A special rules section for Wire, AT Ditches, Surrender, Dragging Guns, and whatever else, would probably be the best option until a living rules portion appears at APL.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
11-01-2016, 12:37 AM,
Richvalle, I volunteered last year (I am one of the developers) and my offer was declined.

I would like to write a series of illustrated examples of play at some point but that's not going to happen this year.
11-01-2016, 03:11 AM,
(10-31-2016, 11:35 PM)plloyd1010 Wrote: You seemed to be suggesting a living rules implementation method through Vassal modules, rather that the opening of a policy change. I do not see an implementation path for rules except via help file entries. Since one is supposed to already have access to the dead-tree version of the games, such an implementation would be superfluous, and probably contrary to Dr. Mike's intended permission.

A special rules section for Wire, AT Ditches, Surrender, Dragging Guns, and whatever else, would probably be the best option until a living rules portion appears at APL.

Oh heck no, sorry. I was just trying to say he changed his mind on one so maybe he would on the other. I can see where rules wouldn't be included.

Though, while playing with a Vassal mod I frequently come here and check the online rules to make sure I'm doing something right so it's kind of a moot point. 

A special rules section would be nice. 

Thanks,

rv
11-01-2016, 03:13 AM,
(11-01-2016, 12:37 AM)Hugmenot Wrote: Richvalle, I volunteered last year (I am one of the developers) and my offer was declined.

I would like to write a series of illustrated examples of play at some point but that's not going to happen this year.

Well, thanks for trying.   Smile

I do like having the rules and any additions/errata combined. Having to read the old and then the new and then going back to the old to see what the new one is talking about just doesn't work for me. 
08-05-2017, 10:23 AM,
So basically we have to check Desert Rats or Army at Dawn for Wire rules? Thanks.

The 4th TEC doesn't say too much (there's probably room for a longer Wire note at the end).

Looking back through my counters, the various 1st, 2nd and 3rd ed. counters don't even have Wire markers in the marker sheets...they only came in the specific game sheets. The 4th edtion sheets do have a few Wire markers on the generic sheet.

I'm OK with no living rules, but it would be nice to see the Wire paragraphs put into the game or module booklets. First scenario in Spearhead has Wire but no rules for their use, for example.
08-05-2017, 10:27 AM,
If you post it here, I'll add the rule text to the Anti-infantry Wire page in the Library.
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
08-05-2017, 10:34 AM,
From Afrika Korps:

Wire. Wire markers denote the presence of barbed wire.  Until the marker is removed, units entering the hex must (page turn) expend an additional movement point.  To remove the Wire marker, a foot unit must spend an entire turn in the hex doing nothing but removing the wire, or a tank unit can spend 3 movement points to smash the wire (also removing the marker).  
08-05-2017, 10:38 AM,
(08-05-2017, 10:34 AM)Poor Yorek Wrote: From Afrika Korps:

Wire. Wire markers denote the presence of barbed wire.  Until the marker is removed, units entering the hex must (page turn) expend an additional movement point.  To remove the Wire marker, a foot unit must spend an entire turn in the hex doing nothing but removing the wire, or a tank unit can spend 3 movement points to smash the wire (also removing the marker).  

And we're done! Big Grin  *hand shakes all around*

http://www.pg-hq.com/library.php?type=condition&id=1
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
08-05-2017, 12:06 PM,
KWCA has wire rules. I guess that's a 4th Edition perspective.