Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well [blank], there's no way I'm going to be able to resist this one.
08-23-2016, 10:18 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-23-2016, 10:35 AM by larry marak.)
RE: Well [blank], there's no way I'm going to be able to resist this one.
Shad, price data isn't hard and fast. You could have ordered Infantry Attacks: Twilight of Empires (the original game) for 75 simoleons including shipping 8 years ago, or you could order both boxed games and both expansion books for about 235 simoleons today.
08-23-2016, 10:43 AM,
(08-23-2016, 10:18 AM)larry marak Wrote: Shad, price data isn't hard and fast.  You could have ordered Infantry Attacks: Twilight of Empires (the original game) for 75 simoleons including shipping 8 years ago, or you could order both boxed games and both expansion books for about 235 simoleons today.

Obviously we'd go for whatever price the games launched at once they actually existed. Preorders don't count!
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
08-23-2016, 12:50 PM,
And Jay just keeps smiling...............
08-23-2016, 02:53 PM,
I will buy this for completeness. I will read the scenarios. In six months, I will reread the scenarios. At some point, I will set up a scenario and play several turns of it. Then, something shiny will come along and the completion of that scenario will be in jeopardy.

And I will be happy about this.
08-23-2016, 02:56 PM,
(08-23-2016, 10:18 AM)larry marak Wrote: Shad, price data isn't hard and fast.  You could have ordered Infantry Attacks: Twilight of Empires (the original game) for 75 simoleons including shipping 8 years ago, or you could order both boxed games and both expansion books for about 235 simoleons today.

Or you could have been "smart" like me, and ordered a bunch of copies of "Infantry Attacks" from Troll and Toad for about half of what APL was charging, and then reselling all but one for $5 - $10 more to pocket a few bucks....and then paid full price for the 2 newer games (well, Gold Club price).   Yeah, that worked out well.
08-24-2016, 01:00 AM,
Well at least you're getting to play out the Cuban campaign with TR and the pneumatic dynamite artillery while the two of us wait for Empires Fall and Lawrence of Arabia. (Hated Melissa calling Me Lawrence all through Egypt).