Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PG - Cold War inventory!
12-30-2018, 12:33 PM,
RE: PG - Cold War inventory!
The Persian Corridor 1949

Ok here is a Cold War scenario for you guys, putting all of the Cold War & Expanded WWII supplements together.

I messed around with this for awhile until I got what I wanted, with a nice mix of units and nationalities, using the Conquest of Ethiopia maps to set the stage for this ultimate battle. It seems like a good victory condition setup and an interesting situation to game. Granted this is more for the Super PG fan, as you need to own a few dated products to set this up.

I should get a full play in hopefully in the next week or two.

Enjoy!

Attached Files
.pdf   Persian Corridor 1.pdf (Size: 509.5 KB / Downloads: 16)
12-31-2018, 03:11 AM,
Gathering the forces to play The Persian Corridor!

Attached Files Image(s)

02-11-2019, 01:52 AM,
The Persian Corridor 1949

Ok here is a Cold War scenario for you guys, putting all of the Cold War & Expanded WWII supplements together.

I messed around with this for a while until I got what I wanted, with a nice mix of units and nationalities, using the Conquest of Ethiopia maps to set the stage for this ultimate battle. It seems like a good victory condition setup and an interesting situation to game. Granted this is more for the Super PG fan, as you need to own a few dated products to set this up.

It is a slugfest. Everyone battling for the majority of the oilfields in the center map. I ran out of demoralized counters from the one bag of marker counters I used for this scenario, so I am using all the other marker counters to represent them with the exception of disruption counters.

It is total chaos and the dead-pile is huge.

NATO Victory

Ok, I must admit, that took a while to play and is a lot bigger scenario than I usually play but it was worth to do once. Those Maus tanks are a pain to eliminate and cost a lot steps but the NATO side won 36 points to the Soviet 26 points. Really the ebb and flow was interesting as reinforcements entered for both sides. Played over again, the victory could go to either side, as there were too many decisions to make, that would playout differently.

Right when you think one side is winning reinforcements arrive and then you feel the other side is winning until more reinforcements come for the other side. A bloody slugfest for sure!

I hope some other gamers get to enjoy my efforts as this was really fun to play and unique to game.
02-11-2019, 02:42 AM,
That's a lot of hardware on the field of play.
02-11-2019, 05:06 AM,
No doubt but its a once in a lifetime fun to play scenario! Smile