Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PG Long War scenario book released
06-01-2016, 07:01 AM,
PG Long War scenario book released
The Defense of France 1942 is now officially available, which means shipping notices will start showing up in email boxes shortly.  This expansion incorporates the new battle-campaign format first seen in The Kadoka Campaign.  2 battle campaigns are included.  This now gives us 2 alternate history PG series to explore.  While the Second Great War has a Desiel Punk edge to it, the Long War setting will showcase weaponry and tactics that would have seen light had the new War in Europe been fought out in the late forties.
06-02-2016, 10:12 AM,
RE: PG Long War scenario book released
The Blanchard referred to in Matt's background is General Georges Maurice Jean Blanchard, commander of the French First Army, who led it into Belgium where it took on the German army at Hannut. He coordinated the rearguard action that protected the evacuation at Dunkirk, the commanded the First Army Group until the surrendered.
06-03-2016, 10:48 AM,
Corrrect, we often forget that the French were not just nameless failures. Blanchard's men fought so well in Lille and on the southern approaches to Dunkirk that the BEF really was able to get away much easier than anyone expected.
No "minor" country left behind...
06-04-2016, 05:23 AM,
Anyone receive a shipping notice for this product yet? I'm not expecting to receive mine anytime soon because I ordered it after orders were reopened.
06-04-2016, 05:47 AM,
Not but I plan to cook these French and German recipes to celebrate the occasion.

http://zenkimchi.com/top-posts/fff-19-pi...an-and_12/
06-06-2016, 07:46 AM,
(06-03-2016, 10:48 AM)Matt W Wrote: Corrrect, we often forget that the French were not just nameless failures. Blanchard's men fought so well in Lille and on the southern approaches to Dunkirk that the BEF really was able to get away much easier than anyone expected.

In Hannut, the fighting French were the DLM (2nd and mainly 3rd), the French equivalent of the Panzer Division. In Gembloux _and_ Lille, the ubiquitous "red" Moroccans from 1re Division Marocaine fought to the end, as usual.
You should see more about Hannut when the Belgians will appear...