Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GWAS-HQ... a volunteer!
05-21-2016, 10:05 AM,
GWAS-HQ... a volunteer!
Mike (Old Blue) over on BGG has volunteered to start laying out a GWAS-HQ site!  Interested parties that want to help with development / layout discussions should sign up there:

http://www.thefold.org/gwas-hq/forum/

Mike is familiar with PG-HQ, and intends to use it as a guide.  At the very least, I would envision:

- A listing of each game / book / folio / mod with description
- For the supplements etc, a listing of what other games are required
- A forum for discussions
- A way to have player accounts, and a way for players to log plays / rate scenarios

The amount of artwork that could be shown would have to be negotiated with Mike Bennighoff, Robin and I can have those discussions.

Unfortunately this is not something I have a lot of time for, but if folks are willing to help out / offer up suggestions, great!

-Jim
"Bugs! BUGS!!!"
07-04-2016, 02:39 PM,
RE: GWAS-HQ... a volunteer!
I've registered as "Shad" and am awaiting moderator approval. I hope to be able to provide some feedback on lessons I've learned through development of PG-HQ. Smile
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
07-05-2016, 02:50 AM,
Not sure how much help I can offer, but I'm goin' in!
07-05-2016, 10:24 AM,
Just registered.
No "minor" country left behind...
07-05-2016, 11:05 AM,
Why not? I just registered, too.
05-22-2018, 01:44 PM,
BigStripe - Craig Martin here. Waiting for moderator approval. Fantastic to find this
06-06-2021, 10:06 AM,
Alas, I guess it never took off.  Someday!

-Jim
"Bugs! BUGS!!!"
06-09-2021, 02:25 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-16-2022, 09:40 PM by plloyd1010.)
You need a web developer and something like WaS Über. Drew can tell you how much time the first takes, I can tell you the 2nd is a lot of work to get off the ground.

Dr. Mike did say he wishes someone would do a WaS Über.
goosebrown likes this post
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
03-16-2022, 02:26 PM,
I would like to do one. Once I get something going I will post here and ask for people to help. I am going to need articles and ship of the day sort of blurbs. 

Message me if there is any interest.
Tambu likes this post

User Experience begins with You...
Always looking for people to play PzGdr, Napoleonic Games, and Great War at Sea
(the Vassal for GWAS Mediterranean specifically).
03-17-2022, 12:07 PM,
I just saw Midway (2019) the other night. Some errors in, but I liked it. Anyway, I have the itch to play GWAS/SWWAS, even though I’m currently in a physical rehab place trying to recover my ability to walk.

I do have a place in which to play games, having finagled a 3’x6’ table. Currently have a 3 board PoCscenario.
Tambu and goosebrown like this post