Poll: Do you play GWAS and/or SWWAS?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
No
30.43%
14 30.43%
Yes, GWAS
10.87%
5 10.87%
Yes, SWWAS
6.52%
3 6.52%
Yes, both GWAS and SWWAS
52.17%
24 52.17%
Total 46 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How many PG-HQ'ers are also GWAS/SWWAS players?
02-28-2023, 07:51 AM,
RE: How many PG-HQ'ers are also GWAS/SWWAS players?
OK I am starting to do daily content in anticipation of opening the site. I have a vassal mod in beta for Midway Deluxe (includes pieces for Rising Sun 1940 if you have that)

If you own Midway Deluxe and want to beta, please message me or mail me at:

Hazencroftmatt@gmail.com

User Experience begins with You...
Always looking for people to play PzGdr, Napoleonic Games, and Great War at Sea
(the Vassal for GWAS Mediterranean specifically).
03-02-2023, 02:29 PM,
OK my Midway beta is in progress and looking better every day. Still more stuff to do, but I think we are getting closer. If you want to help out and take a look, let me know. All I ask is that you have a copy of APL Midway Deluxe. I don't want to burn bridges with APL and I know that this is their IP and want to be sure they aren't feeling like they are losing sales. Anyway you need the rules and the scenarios to actually do anything.
OldPueblo, Miguelibal, treadasaurusrex And 1 others like this post

03-04-2023, 09:51 AM,
(10-15-2015, 08:59 AM)Coniglius Wrote: I would love to try Vassal scenarios since I spend so much time in front of a pc!!! Problem is, I have no idea how to use Vassal :-(

Is there a tutorial anywhere? I'm also willing to try Skype or PBeM but I hear that takes forever. I travel a lot for work and have many hours per week in the hotel twiddling my thumbs. If any of you want a live opponent, I'm game. Oh and Thomas.... I'm not too far away from you... I'm in Spring Hill, so we could probably meet for a ftf once in a while as well.
Suggest that you try playing Treadasaurusrex in shared, online play as I did. it is a great, and pretty entertaining, way to learn how to use the darn VASSAL platform.
Sonora, Miguelibal, OldPueblo And 2 others like this post
03-04-2023, 01:36 PM,
(03-04-2023, 09:51 AM)Tubac52 Wrote:
(10-15-2015, 08:59 AM)Coniglius Wrote: I would love to try Vassal scenarios since I spend so much time in front of a pc!!! Problem is, I have no idea how to use Vassal :-(

Is there a tutorial anywhere? I'm also willing to try Skype or PBeM but I hear that takes forever. I travel a lot for work and have many hours per week in the hotel twiddling my thumbs. If any of you want a live opponent, I'm game. Oh and Thomas.... I'm not too far away from you... I'm in Spring Hill, so we could probably meet for a ftf once in a while as well.
Suggest that you try playing Treadasaurusrex in shared, online play as I did. it is a great, and pretty entertaining, way to learn how to use the darn VASSAL platform.

The only problem with a laptop is the size of the screen. These games take up a lot of space. 

Start by going to https://vassalengine.org/ and download and install Vassal. This is the engine and once you have that you can pick and choose a module there on that site. This will get you a simple one to start with. Just try it out and if you want I can do a screen share in Skype to get you set up. 

Do you own Midway?
Sonora, treadasaurusrex, Tubac52 And 1 others like this post