Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kurst South Flank 2nd ed counters
05-18-2016, 06:39 AM,
Kurst South Flank 2nd ed counters
I observed on Consimworld that the 2nd ed counters had some corrections. I asked there if there was a list of changes. No response. So I'm asking here. Thanks.
05-18-2016, 07:29 AM,
RE: Kurst South Flank 2nd ed counters
Do you have a scan of the first edition counters? If so, I can post the changes at consimworld.
05-18-2016, 02:01 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-18-2016, 02:02 PM by zaarin7.)
Punched out long ago so no. I think there is a picture of the sheet at BGG. If so it would be 1st ed.
05-19-2016, 03:55 AM,
I sent a copy of my scanned SF 1st ed. counters to Dan. When he will have time to compare them is another matter. I do have some replacement countersheet files, but I suspect they are mid-edition versions. Anyway, the only counter difference I saw between them was the RKKA FLM unit, it has a full strength fire value of 11.

I have some suggested errata for the SS units. I don't know how it relates to the second edition counters.

1. Sk7 & SK7/1 should have an armor factor of 0.
  2. SPW250/7 is not a transport. It should have a self-propelled mortar symbol.
  3. SPW251/9 is not a recon unit. It should have a self-propelled anti tank symbol. (This makes a difference if one is using the 4th Ed. rules.)
  4. Also the SPW251/9 combat values are for a SPW251/22. As a SPW251/9 the AT value should be 4-4. (The SPW251/22 did not appear until 1944, so I am pretty safe on this.)
  5. Marder III units are tank destroyers, and should have the appropriate symbol.
That should hold you until we know what the real changes were. Idea
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
05-19-2016, 05:28 AM,
Peter, I received the scan of the front of the 2nd edition production countersheets 1 & 3 this afternoon. No countersheet 2 and no backs for countersheets 1 & 3.

The RKKA FLM unit is still 8-0/4-0 in 2nd edition (same as first edition); the 11-0 was corrected before production.

In first edition, one of the four RKKA Grant units had a 9-5 Direct Fire Value on its reduced side; this was corrected to 5-5 in the 2nd edition pre-production (mid edition) countersheet. I have not seen the production countersheet so cannot confirm.

In first edition, one of the 76.2mm unit had no name on its limbered side. This was not corrected on the pre-production countersheet but the error was noted (first by Peter I think) and sent to Mike.

The RKKA leaders are identical but two Lieutenant were printed in different positions on the scoresheet. Not an errata but it's something that I noted when comparing the scans.

I will try to do another sheet tonight.
05-19-2016, 06:33 AM,
That does confirm that mine are betwixt the releases. I'll make a note on the FLM.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
05-19-2016, 11:49 AM,
Thanks when we have a final list I'll make a pdf of it for everybody.