Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New formatting
05-11-2016, 11:52 PM,
New formatting
This seems to be a good time to be alive for pg fans.  The pleasure enhancement format is morphing into the expansion module concept...a die cut expansion counter sheet wrapped inside a 32 page booklet, containg a scenario set to go with ONE pg game.  See the Spearhead Division write up on Daily content today.  Die cutting and larger scale printing allow these to be sold for less than some of the enhancements, and compensates somewhat for the ever increasing cost of the core games.
05-18-2016, 01:36 AM,
RE: New formatting
(05-11-2016, 11:52 PM)larry marak Wrote:  containg a scenario set to go with ONE pg game.  See the Spearhead Division write up on Daily content today. 

The article states: There are also 20 new scenarios, and with two “battle games” that link them together.

Are these really "new" scenarios or recasts of scenarios from now-defunct (except for when they're not) games/expansions?  For example, are the Spearhead scenarios new actions or based on, say, Invasion of Germany?  I noted that no scenario authorship was cited in the article which is what gave rise to the question.
05-18-2016, 04:59 AM,
PY, you may want to ask that question at consimworld.

Note that as developers, we often do not see scenarios until they're the next thing to be developed so I have no clue (at this time) whether they are new or recasts.
05-18-2016, 06:58 AM,
(05-18-2016, 04:59 AM)Hugmenot Wrote: PY, you may want to ask that question at consimworld.

LOL ... I'm probably still banned there.  
05-18-2016, 07:26 AM,
I thought Mike un-banned you some time ago... Did you get into trouble again?
05-18-2016, 09:50 AM,
Take a look at the description of the scenario book. 20 new scenarios, including 2 battle games, all played on the four maps from Elsenborn.
05-18-2016, 09:58 AM,
The formation resource indicates that there are 32 scenarios printed incorporating actions from the Spearhead division, 4 of which are from Elsenborn Ridge, and some from fictional supplements (Secret Weapons, Gross Deutschland 46, Iron Curtain). Most likely answer is that these are indeed new scenarios.
05-18-2016, 11:33 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-18-2016, 11:38 AM by Poor Yorek.)
(05-18-2016, 07:26 AM)Hugmenot Wrote: I thought Mike un-banned you some time ago...  Did you get into trouble again?

Did he?  Probably never bothered to check.  You know, "fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me." 

Quote:Take a look at the description of the scenario book. 20 new scenarios, including 2 battle games, all played on the four maps from Elsenborn.

Didn't you read my initial post, Larry?  My question was directed specifically at what "new" actually means.  Given that we seem to live in a Humpty Dumpty world, I wanted to know more specifically what $29.99 would be buying (c.f. both new and not-so-new-but-updated scenarios in Broken Axis).  APL typically has said " ... scenarios by N. N. ..." in previous content with ab initio scenarios so my alert radar was triggered. 

If these truly are actions novel to the PG repertoire, it looks like a good supplement.   
05-18-2016, 12:20 PM,
We will know for sure in a few months. We are beginning to see a serious work at new editions of some of the naval games, and we'll be seeing at least 4 new Russian Front titles, as well as successors to Afrika Korps and Desert Rats.