Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Supplemental Reading
04-26-2016, 02:39 PM,
Supplemental Reading
        Happy days! I received my shipment from Avalanche Press which included An Army at Dawn. This should go well with the reading material I picked up recently. I also grabbed a book to go with my copy of Fall of France. I enjoy seeing how the game represents the character of the different areas of conflict and changing weapons. It was fun to see photos of Char Bibis after fighting the battles around Stonne. I look forward to reading An Army at Dawn while I work through some of the battles.
"It was a battle right fierce and terrible" - Froissart
04-26-2016, 02:47 PM,
RE: Supplemental Reading
I like Rick Atkinson's book. I found him to a little weak on the ground operations aspect, but very good on command politics. It made the books a little different from most.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
04-26-2016, 11:22 PM,
Prepare yourself for Invasion, get Beevor's D-Day and Atkinson's Day of Battle.
No "minor" country left behind...
04-27-2016, 02:06 AM,
Enjoyed the entire "Liberation Trilogy" by Rick Atkinson and agree on how great these reads are for giving a broader perspective on the skirmishes that we see in the PG series and other WWII games.
04-27-2016, 08:49 AM,
I also found Atkinson's books to be great reads adding a lot to my broader knowledge of the campaigns covered.