Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leader service records
04-13-2016, 03:56 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-14-2016, 08:01 AM by plloyd1010. Edit Reason: New versions of service records, minor changes )
Leader service records
Some of you may recall that I began a scenario series a while back based on the appearances of the U.S. 4th Infantry Division. Okay, I've not kept up on the narrative. Along the way though I have developed a fairly useful service record sheet. Here they are.

The grey boxes have pull down menus for rank, stats & skills. Add more skills by copying the appropriate boxes. I suggest underlining the initial skills. This is a useful notation, especially when it comes to the Expert Infantry badge for the Americans. The cursor position after the rank box is already emboldened for looking nice. The bottom 3 boxes are intended as tally boxes. The rest should be obvious.

The Leadership point cheatsheet is intended for a 4x6 note card.

As for my guys, they have progressed will, with a setback or 2. Henry got off to slow start, but has now passed David in accumulated leadership points and skills.

Overall they have done well.

Attached Files
.docx   Service Record-USArmy.docx (Size: 87.04 KB / Downloads: 6)
.docx   Service Record-Heer.docx (Size: 86.74 KB / Downloads: 7)
.pdf   Leadership Point Cheatsheet.pdf (Size: 48.58 KB / Downloads: 24)
.pdf   Henry-David Service Record after SL10.pdf (Size: 116.74 KB / Downloads: 18)
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
04-13-2016, 10:39 PM,
RE: Leader service records
Thanks for these. I've strayed from the PG path for a bit but hope to get back soon and start playing the campaigns.

Tom
"Kill them all, let God sort them out."
04-14-2016, 01:36 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-14-2016, 01:37 AM by plloyd1010.)
Glad you like them Tom. I was thinking of making up the Kakoda and Kings Officers sheets too. Now that the basic template is done, the others should be easy.

A combination of the American and Japanese templates should work for Saipan and Guadalcanal. The Marines didn't the Combat Infantry Badge precisely, they had the Combat Action Ribbon. It was the same sort of thing.

That blue thing over Capt Henry's infantry insignia is the Expert Infantry Badge. It is particular to the U.S. in WW2. The idea was get junior officers and NCOs trained up for promotion. (I've updated the American Medals over on the Yanks are Coming! thread.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
04-14-2016, 02:32 AM,
I recognized that. Great job. While I was a recon scout (74-78), I was part of the testing for the EIB in my brigade in Korea. Couldn't wear it but had to know all the stuff they tested the infantry guys on. Having these things adds a lot to the feel of the game for me.

Tom
04-14-2016, 03:04 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-14-2016, 07:47 AM by plloyd1010.)
Suggesting a modification
One thing that always bugged me was the requirement that the assault combat requirement is restricted to victory point hexes. A character leader could participate in assault combat for many turns, gain lots of LPs, and still not qualify for anything. What would you think about dropping that clause in the badge requirements?

As a homologation point, Kakoda trail/Campaign has a Jungle Assault skill. War in the East & King's Officers have Rural & Urban Assault skills. What about creating 3 homologous skills? They would be Urban, Rural, Jungle/Woods. Rural would be for town & village hexes. Jungle/Woods would be for those hexes and forest. Rural would be for everything else.
04-14-2016, 06:46 AM,
Peter,

I like that change quite a bit. The only campaign that I have finished with the Leader Characters was a Poland '39 one and it was a blast.
No "minor" country left behind...
04-14-2016, 07:47 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-14-2016, 08:04 AM by plloyd1010.)
Matt,
Is "that change" the VPs assault provision not required, or the homologation suggestion? Maybe both?
04-14-2016, 08:03 AM,
I wonder why everyone is so interested in those leader counters. Maybe I need to start a small business making custom leaders. Cool
04-14-2016, 09:32 AM,
(04-14-2016, 07:47 AM)plloyd1010 Wrote: Matt,
Is "that change" the VPs assault provision not required, or the homologation suggestion? Maybe both?

I like both ideas.

Tom
04-14-2016, 11:38 AM,
Sorry, work interfered with the more important stuff. I like both ideas.
No "minor" country left behind...