Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
C&C Books And Forms
02-19-2016, 12:42 AM,
C&C Books And Forms
The two C&C books became available again as a GC download and I immediately added them to my PG collection.  Not having really been interested in doing any of the other campaign modules, these have opened that door for me so I started going through BGG to find and download all the C&C forms and the similar forms for other campaigns.  I found the forms made up for Kokoda Trail, but only found an Excel spreadsheet for Winter Soldiers and nothing for Cassino '44.  Just wondered if anyone had put together leader record forms similar to those available for C&C for these other games.  And what other games might have campaigns that I'm overlooking.

Also, having played about half of the Kokoda Trail book without considering the campaign, I now consider finishing the module and then starting again in running the campaign.  I wonder how this might be recorded, either as just a second play of the same scenario, or if it might be recorded as a part of the campaign game, with possible oak leaf cluster to the regular game completion award.

Tom Oxley
"Kill them all, let God sort them out."
02-19-2016, 12:46 AM,
RE: C&C Books And Forms
Adding support for campaigns apart from standard plays is something that's been on the "to-do" list for years here at PG-HQ. I might get to it this year, but I can't promise anything.
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
02-19-2016, 01:39 AM,
No problem, thanks. I've become a bit addicted to this place. The lack of reporting for PG Modern has kept me from getting Sword of Israel out a few times when the choice comes down to "can I report it or not". Smile I appreciate having this forum to keep me motivated to keep learning and playing.

Tom Oxley
02-19-2016, 01:43 AM,
Making a formation based campaign is fairly easy. I am playing with the U.S. 4th Infantry. Watching the characters develop is interesting. I have found the assault requirements for the medals are overly cumbersome.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
02-19-2016, 01:14 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-19-2016, 01:17 PM by larry marak.)
(02-19-2016, 12:42 AM)thomaso827 Wrote: The two C&C books became available again as a GC download and I immediately added them to my PG collection.  Not having really been interested in doing any of the other campaign modules, these have opened that door for me so I started going through BGG to find and download all the C&C forms and the similar forms for other campaigns.  I found the forms made up for Kokoda Trail, but only found an Excel spreadsheet for Winter Soldiers and nothing for Cassino '44.  Just wondered if anyone had put together leader record forms similar to those available for C&C for these other games.  And what other games might have campaigns that I'm overlooking.

Also, having played about half of the Kokoda Trail book without considering the campaign, I now consider finishing the module and then starting again in running the campaign.  I wonder how this might be recorded, either as just a second play of the same scenario, or if it might be recorded as a part of the campaign game, with possible oak leaf cluster to the regular game completion award.

Tom Oxley

Tom, there have been various iterations of pg campaign games.  C.&C. Is the most detailed version (in my of opinion. ) and making these available free via download is one of the finest things AVP could do for the gamer.  Kokoda Trail was the only subsequent product with C&C forms produced, but its fairly easy to run leaders in other games involving the already included nationalities.  I frequently run one or more leader characters in medium sized scenarios to balance forces.  

Other games with campaign games provided.  Go for Broke.  Panzer Lehr.  (Iirc) Patton's Nightmare.  Beyond Normandy (a formation-based campaign). There are also two campaigns published online, one by Stafford on the Normandy campaign, and there is a Winter storm (relief of Stalingrad) campaign other members can provide you links to.
02-19-2016, 11:46 PM,
Thanks, Larry. I'll go back through the books. Only one of those published books/games I don't have is Panzer Lehr. Ironic that I didn't think about campaigns in PG since the whole reason I got into the GWAS and 2WWAS games were to use the battle scenarios and operational scenarios for minis games, the operational level as campaigns to bring the battle to the table.

Tom Oxley
02-20-2016, 12:59 AM,
The new games will have story arcs linking several scenarios together, along with battle conditions for both sides. Just like in The Kokoda Campaign.