Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Panzer Grenadier Scenario 7 Victory Condition, Northwest Edge
07-07-2012, 01:36 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-07-2012, 01:51 PM by larry marak.)
Panzer Grenadier Scenario 7 Victory Condition, Northwest Edge
How do we define Northwest edge on an horizonally placed single map board, given that we know the cardinal directions. The standard board is 17 hexes long, 13 wide. I'd assume the northwest edge of the board would be 6 hexes east and south of the upper left hand partial hex. Mathematically you could argue for a 6 by 8 exit zone, or if your opponent is a troublesome ruleslawyer, just the single partial hex in the corner.

Has this been addressed anywhere yet? Elements of Marshall Timoshenko's 149th Rifle Division want to know.
07-07-2012, 02:10 PM,
RE: Panzer Grenadier Scenario 7 Victory Condition, Northwest Edge
(07-07-2012, 01:36 PM)larry marak Wrote: How do we define Northwest edge on an horizonally placed single map board, given that we know the cardinal directions. The standard board is 17 hexes long, 13 wide. I'd assume the northwest edge of the board would be 6 hexes east and south of the upper left hand partial hex. Mathematically you could argue for a 6 by 8 exit zone, or if your opponent is a troublesome ruleslawyer, just the single partial hex in the corner.

Has this been addressed anywhere yet? Elements of Marshall Timoshenko's 149th Rifle Division want to know.

Beats me. If this is from the original PG game from 1998, I didn't edit it so I'm not surprised there are things left undefined.
07-07-2012, 04:45 PM,
(07-07-2012, 02:10 PM)upintheattic Wrote: Beats me. If this is from the original PG game from 1998, I didn't edit it so I'm not surprised there are things left undefined.

Elitist ! Confused
07-07-2012, 11:20 PM,
Volume 1's scenarios did have a reputation for being slice-in-time photographs rather than balanced contests. I do wonder if this question was addressed back in '99 or so in the consimworld Panzer Grenadier thread. If it was, it never made it into the errata list.
07-07-2012, 11:29 PM,
Head for the upper left hand corner, single file and alphabetically by last name. Wink

Seriously, if this is from PG I, is the scenario "cleaned up" in PGD, if so use those SSR's.
07-08-2012, 12:42 AM,
I would just limit myself to the northern half of the west edge and the western half of the north edge for entry. That seems logical to me.
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
07-08-2012, 12:45 AM,
Having just picked up the original PG, I enjoy the fact that the boards are numbered 1,2,3 and, wait for it, 8! I am absolutely positive that this was well understood at the time (well sorta positive anyhow), but in retrospect and without the historical explanation I get a kick out of it.
No "minor" country left behind...
07-08-2012, 12:49 AM,
That's probably the best way to interpret it Shad. There is one replay on the PG thread, posting #721 by Alex Kachevsky. His Soviet forces never broke out the the question was moot.

If the above is the correct interpretation, then the Gross Deutschand Battalion must both defend in place and use the trucks to maneuver, because their set up doesn't quite slam the door.

I'm thinking this scenario is good for testing various "help the Soviets" solutions.
07-08-2012, 01:09 AM,
Matt, having just re-read the first 900 posts on the PG thread at consimworld, PG was originally going to be an 8 mapper, but 8 mounted boards were way to expensive to include and ship (at 2000's postal rates!) Congrats on scoring an original, copyright 1998 but shipping date March 2000!
07-08-2012, 01:30 AM,
I scored my copy around 2001 while recuperating from surgery.
2,500 years ago people worshiped cats. The cats have never forgotten this!