Poll: When getting a new PG game which scenario do you play first?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
The First one, just because you like to go in order?
13.89%
5 13.89%
How many maps are use/space because of space issues?
11.11%
4 11.11%
Scenario Length, number of turns?
13.89%
5 13.89%
The number of counters used in a scenario?
8.33%
3 8.33%
The one that interest you the most?
25.00%
9 25.00%
One with the most unique mix of counter types?
2.78%
1 2.78%
Type of scenario, like: INF vs INF, ARM vs. ARM, Amphibious and so on?
5.56%
2 5.56%
Other?
19.44%
7 19.44%
Total 36 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starting with the first scenario or not?
02-13-2016, 06:06 PM,
Starting with the first scenario or not?
I noticed by statistics here on PG-HQ that most players play the first scenario of a new game first. Not me, I pick what interests me most first or what size scenario I want to play or have time to play at the moment, with hopes of playing them all someday but if not, I pick a choose until then.

Now I know there a many reasons for which scenario of a new game gets played first, so I was kind of interested to do a poll on it.
02-14-2016, 02:11 AM,
RE: Starting with the first scenario or not?
I generally start with a scenario with 20 turns or less and no more than 75 pieces. The first scenario often meets this criteria and it gets on my table quickly.
02-14-2016, 02:56 AM,
*Other

Unless it's a big un, I play them in date order.
02-14-2016, 03:30 AM,
I try to do them in chronological order where feasible; otherwise what looks interesting.
02-14-2016, 04:23 AM,
Most of the time, I just see a scenario I want to play first no matter what or its chronological order, as it just looks too cool not to play first.
02-14-2016, 07:42 AM,
Wayne and I did all our scenarios by using our own random scenario selector. (dice and chart, not a PC pogram)
02-15-2016, 08:19 AM,
What Jay said!
02-16-2016, 01:09 AM,
I'm with mwalbion, I like to play in chronological order. I have mapped out every scenario by date on a spreadsheet so that I can sort by the appropriate category. Hopeless but not Serious has the earliest scenarios dating back to 1934 (and one from CoE as well). Where I get into a little bit of head scratching is with the hypothetical scenarios because they typically have a month and year, but no day, so I have to fit them in wherever they make sense.

This only works when I'm playing solo by the way... when I play with my dad, it's whatever he wants to play (usually something on the eastern front) and I recently played a E.Ridge scenario via Vassal, but when I'm playing solo, I like to follow some date order, as I am doing with CoE currently.
02-16-2016, 02:10 AM,
Quote:I have mapped out every scenario by date on a spreadsheet so that I can sort by the appropriate category

Have you shared that anywhere, as the latest chrono list I have is the one Drew did back in 2010 on BGG? If it is more current, it would be great to have it available.
02-16-2016, 04:46 AM,
I have an excel file of all chronlogical battles up to around the release of Kursk South Flank or perhaps one beyond.