Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Chinese units?
02-29-2016, 09:10 AM,
RE: Chinese units?
I already did the Manchukuo leaders, but think look too good at the moment. I need to knock out a couple modifiers.

RoC leaders will be rather ordinary. Sort of like EFD Soviet, but with better morale. They will also be getting service troops, 3-2/1-2 ratings. The Assault INF are just better infantry, sort of like the "special forces" of Middle East armies.

CCP leaders good morale, good number of morale modifiers, combat modifiers, not so much. Leaders are Platoon Leader, Company Leader, ect., as in Comrade Platoon Leader. (Mao was trying very hard to remove class distinctions at this time.) The Dare Death platoons are also interesting. They are elite infantry with demolition gear, so they will get a +1 in some assault combat.

Warlord leaders have good morale, but few modifiers, think Finns with lots of 0's. No special units, I will likely add some infantry guns. East of Poland there is a big 'mine is bigger than yours' mentality, which I think goes way back to land and water availability. (I could write a full thesis on that.)
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
02-29-2016, 09:14 AM,
Larry, exactly which 6 armies (not that I will do them). I do want to make Thais and colonial French (with native troops), did you know they fought a 2 month war in 1941? First I will probably finish my pre-war U.S. armor.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
02-29-2016, 10:28 AM,
The only war between the Axis and the Axis in WW2, one counter sheet, maybe 8 scenarios, and 2-4 maps. A unique small PG game:-). The collaborationist Nanking army, the militias of the 3 other Japanese puppet states
02-29-2016, 10:36 AM,
Don't think it's worth the effort Larry. Warlords & KMT can cover the militias well enough. Other Japanese puppet states were pretty much collaborationist warlord, or wannabes. But don't let my opinion stop you from making your own. I'll even help with tools & layout.
02-29-2016, 10:41 AM,
The militias and constabularies of the Hehei Autonomous Council, Menjiang, Great Way Shanghai, and the various incarnations of the Nanking collaborationist ROC. There were of course many warlord armies, which if used in scenarios from 1931 onward, would need to be color- coded. There is more conflict in China than in Europe, and the fighting lasted 3 times longer.
02-29-2016, 10:49 AM,
True enough, actually more like 10 time longer (the civil war started in at least 1898 with the KMT movement). Still it doesn't mean I'll make dozens of iridescent, but otherwise nondescript infantry counters.
02-29-2016, 10:49 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-29-2016, 10:51 AM by larry marak.)
Wikipedia gives us 17 warlord cliques and factions.!!!! You'd need to superimpose unit data over ideograms.
02-29-2016, 11:05 AM,
I think Wikipedia is a little low on that. While had to say, I put it more in the 50-75 range for definable factions and warlords. Most fade in and out over a decade or 2. Sort of the independent Russian republics.
02-29-2016, 02:36 PM,
Peter, very cool counters and information! I think you should design a PG game on the War in China, 1937-1945. I started out with that intention and found a lot of information in a book called: A Brief History of Sino-Japanese War (1937-1945) translated into English. Also many internet sites to fill the voids but my life got really busy and Avalanche Press is still behind on 6 of my turned in designs so if you want the War in China, please do it. I named the title/game: War of Resistance.

I really like your counter artwork. What programs do you use to make your counters?
02-29-2016, 02:45 PM,
Hopefully AP will get my design on The Korean War: Intervention published this year, with the CCP wave of Chinese troops!