Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corpo Alpini
10-11-2019, 05:50 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-12-2019, 12:09 AM by plloyd1010.)
Corpo Alpini
This began with another project, that grew a little bit. I needed some Alpini counter images, started to expand their OOB, and noticed that they were in desert colors and didn't get their feather. What gives Ottavio? You gave the Bersagliari helmet feathers, but not the Alpini? Come on, that mop that the Bersagliari wear looks like a duster next to the elegant austerity of the Alpini. Anyway I fixed it. Use them in Fronte Russo, Little Saturn and Conquest of Ethiopia. (Maybe kick a little Gebirgsjäger butt while you are at it!)
NBGB likes this post

Attached Files
.pdf   Alpini Counters.pdf (Size: 1.78 MB / Downloads: 79)
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
10-12-2019, 12:11 AM,
RE: Corpo Alpini
I just noticed that the Alpini counters didn't get attached. I probably forgot to click a button somewhere. Anyway, it's fixed.

Di Qui Non Si Passa!
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
10-12-2019, 10:04 AM,
Lovely!
10-14-2019, 06:29 PM,
Your counters are amazingly good looking.
Just for the sake of completeness, you would need a few 47/32 counters ....and may be something else.
10-14-2019, 08:55 PM,
It wouldn't be very difficult to add some more. I can fit 77 counters on a DIY sheet. There are 56 now.
10-15-2019, 01:17 AM,
Based on what Enrico Tagliazucchi & Dr. Leo Niehorster have to say on Dr. Niehorster's OOB site, I can see an argument for a more units.
  • 45mm Brixia
  • 47/32 AT guns
  • 75/39 AT guns (not sure what these are, but there is 1 company per division)
  • Engineers
  • 20mm AA guns
  • Trucks (they are on the Eastern Front, but not in the 1940 organization)
  • Mule limbers (which seem superfluous to me, wagons will do.
That can be a lot for the 21 remaining spots.
10-20-2019, 05:55 AM,
Perhaps 2 sheets of counters??
LOL!

Great looking Set Peter!

I printed - glued and cut them out - but the corners came out kind of funny...

"...I Spent Half My Money on Wargames - Women and Whiskey - The Other Half I Wasted..."
10-20-2019, 01:56 PM,
They look very nice. Thumbs_up Since you have CoE and FR, I'm sure these guys will be very busy. Here are my notes on a couple of the unique counters:

105mm/L11 Mountain Howizer
This is a very light weapon for its caliber. It is draggable and may be towed by jeeps, kubelwagans and Motocarrelli.

Motocarrelli
This is a motor-tricycle prime mover. It may transport any gun a jeep/kubelwagan can. Being a prime mover, they may not be used to carry personnel. The Italians used them for transporting light guns and supplies.

As a general note: I mark draggable guns with a black 'T'.
NBGB likes this post