Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Other extraterrestials?
12-01-2019, 12:08 AM,
Other extraterrestials?
In October of 2013, probably the 23rd, Martians invaded the the PG game system. Has anyone else mused about sci-fan opponents? The Yutri and the Bugs come to mind, any others? Maybe the Moon Nazis from Iron Sky in PG Modern? (Zonetroopers are probably do not qualify.) Special rules for them? How did they workout?
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
12-03-2019, 12:45 AM,
RE: Other extraterrestials?
Land Cruisers were not alien enough for you?

You could extend the concept to a true Ogre-type vehicle by making it immune to Dispersion and Demoralization and being able to take 50 hits before being destroyed. Give it multiple weapon systems that can fire every turn.
12-03-2019, 12:58 AM,
Different project. Land Cruisers will eventually be in it too. I think an Ogre might a little much.

I was thinking more along the lines of Barnard's Star, Starship Troopers. Defeatable forces without long hit pads, and no nukes.

WoW had a flying machine near the end. Some bug/slug infantry might be nice. Who were those guys on the First Men on the Moon. ERB Matians maybe?
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
12-03-2019, 02:41 AM,
On a tangent.

My wife and I watched Iron Sky three or four years ago and loved it! Silliness at its best.

I watched the sequel, Iron Sky: The Coming Race, on Netflix last week and it's bad. The ending leaves open the possibility of another sequel but I don't see it happening if it's again funded by fans.

The best case scenario is that the series become just like the Star Trek and  Sharknado movies, alternating between good and bad movies.

Come to think of it. A Sharknado theme scenario might be fun.
12-03-2019, 03:59 AM,
I never saw The Coming Race or Sharknado. Isn't Sharknado the one with the snow sharks? I managed about 10 minutes of a movie that started like that. I also think Iron Sky is best watched after getting 1/2 way through a bottle of wine or having finished at least 2 good beers.

An invasion by Moon Nazis might work. Sort of with Korean era weapons or in Modern, after Khe Sanh or Fulda Gap come out. Moon Nazis vs. Israelis is a natural. Would the Aryanizing drug work on them? We should assume the planet-blaster didn't work, after it tore a chunk out of the moon.
02-26-2020, 03:18 AM,
Nazi zombies? Just my 2 cents...
02-26-2020, 05:11 AM,
Madness....

MADNESS I SAY!

What about virus--maybe turning troops into zombies....

or Crab-people from South-Park!

I'm infected now too....AAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaiiiyaaaaa!