Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Towed Units
02-01-2016, 12:41 AM,
Towed Units
Are towed units, such as the Soviet 57mm or 76.2mm gun, one step or two step units, i.e. when losing a step, do they become limbered, or are they just eliminated?
02-01-2016, 02:37 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-01-2016, 02:38 AM by rerathbun.)
RE: Towed Units
One-step units (this includes mortars, also).  They are eliminated.

Was going to link a rules reference from the annotated rules, but I couldn't find a rule that specifically states that.  Closest is 5.62, which implies it by saying that the two sides of a weapons unit are unlimbered and limbered (and therefore not full- and reduced-strength).
02-01-2016, 03:08 AM,
(02-01-2016, 02:37 AM)rerathbun Wrote: One-step units (this includes mortars, also).  They are eliminated.

Was going to link a rules reference from the annotated rules, but I couldn't find a rule that specifically states that.  Closest is 5.62, which implies it by saying that the two sides of a weapons unit are unlimbered and limbered (and therefore not full- and reduced-strength).

Thanks.......that's the way I had played it since there were no combat values on the other side, but the red stripe across the back side let me to wonder since the reduced units all gain a similar stripe when flipped.
02-01-2016, 07:15 AM,
The limbered side of weapons will not include a stripe in future release, unless we make a mistake during review.