Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fascist Tanks countersheet question
01-19-2016, 12:44 AM,
Fascist Tanks countersheet question
I got the Italian Fascist Tanks countersheet in a Golden Journal a few months ago and just went back through my counter boxes to make sure I had updated my insert sheets and now I am looking at the slots that hold the counters from Fascist tanks and find that I have CSIR transport units (I am assuming for Fronte Russo) and German leaders and several pieces of German armor.  The box isn't in front of me right now but I can provide detail but my question is:   Are those pieces also for Desert Rats?  I looked through the journal and couldn't find any reference to those other pieces.
01-19-2016, 01:24 AM,
RE: Fascist Tanks countersheet question
First part, answer last question: Yes, and Afrika Korps too I suppose. They were suggested as substitutes in DR scenarios 42, 46, 48 and 50.
The tank counters that resemble FT17's are Fiat 300 tanks. They are experimental substitutes in the DR Beda Fomm or Babini scenarios.
The CSIR/8th Army transport counters are for Fronte Russo and Little Saturn.
The German leaders are for the first edition of Edelweiss, which had no leaders in the counter sheet.
The German armor is also for Edelweiss. The H38 tanks had the values in the original counter mix.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
01-19-2016, 01:49 AM,
(01-19-2016, 12:44 AM)tlangston28 Wrote: I have CSIR transport units (I am assuming for Fronte Russo) and German leaders and several pieces of German armor.  The box isn't in front of me right now but I can provide detail but my question is:   Are those pieces also for Desert Rats?  I looked through the journal and couldn't find any reference to those other pieces.

Not sure if you're asking about just the Germans, but here goes . . .

The German leaders and H38 pieces are for the out-of-print Edelweiss.  It didn't have the counter space to include leaders (you just used regular Heer leaders) and the H38 piece had the anti-tank fire value misprinted as 4-7.  Daily Content article here.  Edelweiss Expanded and Edelweiss IV had leaders included, but the H38 is still useful for them, since in them the direct fire on the reverse side was misprinted as 4-4 (same as the front).
01-19-2016, 02:06 AM,
Thanks, Guys for the answers.   

I thought i had read it somewhere - maybe it was a daily content article. I already knew about the Italian tanks as replacements,  I was referring to the CSIR and German counters.  

In any event, since I have Edelweiss IV are those counters not necessary or do I just throw those in with my Edelweiss version?
01-19-2016, 01:57 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-19-2016, 01:59 PM by larry marak.)
Leaders no longer necessary, but you want to trade out the armor in E-4 for the replacement counters. The H-38 suffered from printers curse.