Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Rules] APC's in assault?
01-06-2016, 11:09 AM,
RE: APC's in assault?
Yes, a French-Canadian attempt at Obersturmbannführer didn't quite roll out the same on an ear trained to the German version LOL
01-06-2016, 02:23 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-06-2016, 10:58 PM by Shad.)
RE: APC's in assault?
(01-06-2016, 07:34 AM)vince hughes Wrote:
(01-06-2016, 05:20 AM)Schoenwulf Wrote: Thank you to all for the thoughts as I'm finally getting some of the PG games off the shelf in my retirement years, and I've hit my first scenario that is replete with Hanomags. At first look, they seemed somewhat questionable for assault purposes, but there are some subtle advantages that have been shared, and most useful. This thread is another example of why PG-HQ is so worthy of support and patronage; as a newbie, it is invaluable for the thoughts shared by the vets in this system.

Schoen,

You are the first person in many a year I've seen refer to SdKfz 251's as Hanomags. When I first started playing on Skype against some of my opponents here, I'd often state I was moving "The Hanomag from hex whatever" and a few asked "What's a Hanomag". Nice to see somebody else use the terminology Smile

(And if anybody is wondering why they were called a Hanomag, it was the name of the German train, tractor & truck builders that built the 250/251's - The name is short for the Hanovarische Maschinenbau Actien-Gesellschaft or Hanovarian Engineering Company)

Vince.......I think the 250's were built by Demag, or at least some of them, but I've never heard of anyone calling them "Demags" Wink