Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fall of France, 6 years later
12-16-2015, 11:34 AM,
Fall of France, 6 years later
I have far from a complete collection, but the only extant PG game I covet is Fall of France. It's been 6 years since release and FoF is ranked 2nd all-time for plays but is only a hair above our site's average rating.

Those of you who have logged more than one or two plays, how do you rate Fall of France now? Has it held up?
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
12-16-2015, 12:18 PM,
RE: Fall of France, 6 years later
I haven't really played it, I was just rereading the scenarios the other day, and grinding my teeth at all the terrain changes. Because I'm playing 1939 Czech-Slovak scenarios, it's probably not next. I probably want something with units that aren't so pathetic.

Still, I do want to get to it eventually.
12-16-2015, 01:11 PM,
The one battle I've done had victory conditions that were seriously wacked. I guess they were changed from what the Dev originally had put in. It was literally "The Germans win if they have one undemoralized unit on the other side of the road."

Well, their units were better and had better (several 2) leaders and I think had better moral.

That said I enjoyed the battle as the French. I took a moral victory in bleeding the Germans as much as I did.
12-16-2015, 11:24 PM,
Shad,

Played quite a few, maybe 5 or so and if you check my profile I rated most of them highly, or at least above my average. One of them was in my top 5 for a starter.
12-26-2015, 08:16 PM,
I've played 18 scenarios mostly FtF, I think this is a very good game set on the whole, stands up well against some of the newer designs and has the best geom-graphic maps of any game. There are a few poor scenarios in there and I was disappointed  that when the Morracan counter were released they had different fire values but all in all good PG fare.
12-28-2015, 08:20 AM,
First game I ever bought and still love it. When I get time soon to return to PG it will be the first one I pick up.
02-29-2016, 04:47 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-29-2016, 04:48 AM by Shad.)
Thanks to Schoenwulf's sharp eyes, I found a reasonable price online and now own Fall of France! Thanks buddy!
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
02-29-2016, 07:42 AM,
The complete FoF 1940 calls for FoF + fall of Luxembourg + division morrocaine + de Gaulle's division + land cruisers + the defense of France. There will eventually be released the other 2 games in Leonard's planned trilogy: fof: belgium
02-29-2016, 07:43 AM,
And fof : bef.
02-29-2016, 07:57 AM,
(02-29-2016, 07:43 AM)larry marak Wrote: And fof : bef.

Is it "fof" for "Fall of France" ? Or for "Friends or foes" that I like best ?