Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DEV - playing the unplayed!
12-09-2015, 09:36 AM,
RE: DEV - playing the unplayed!
Perfect Vince. :-) :-) typed from an urgent care..3 bones broken, but my dice hand is still fully functional.
12-09-2015, 11:07 AM,
Keep this up and I'm changing your username to Evel Knievel.
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
12-09-2015, 11:56 AM,
(12-09-2015, 01:33 AM)Matt W Wrote: So my job is to make sure that that number never hits zero.

If people tried you wouldn't be able to stop us! I just checked the database: we logged more than 500 plays this year but only ~30% of those were for unplayed scenarios. If everything in 2016 was unplayed then you'd be hard-pressed to stay ahead of us by the end of 2017! Smile
12-09-2015, 12:39 PM,
Not to mention all the stuff we developed was played at least once.

It's a lot of work and it does not leave us much time to play just for fun.
12-09-2015, 12:40 PM,
I know a dare when I see one!
No "minor" country left behind...
12-09-2015, 10:20 PM,
(12-09-2015, 09:36 AM)larry marak Wrote: Perfect Vince. :-) :-) typed from an urgent care..3 bones broken, but my dice hand is still fully functional.

You need to ROLL the dice, not SLAM them down on the table Larry!!!

Hope all is well with you and you are fully functional as soon as possible!!!!
12-10-2015, 12:10 AM,
Oh, but Shad I do have a whip hand in this bet.  Every time we get close to 100% I can lobby Mike to release another scenario through Daily Content!  Plus, there is the fact that I personally own all three of the 'mythic' games and can by sheer willpower (and the lack of time Daniel notes above) avoid playing scenarios thus keeping us always frustratingly close but unable to close the gap to zero.  And then, my final evil plan would be to let the number hit zero and the day the champagne is poured release another 60 scenarios.  BWA-HA-HA!!

By the way, I do actually keep track of our development statistics.  To date, in 2015, Daniel and I have played and developed between us 150 scenarios, comprising 3 boxed games, 3 supplements and the single scenario included in Yaah! magazine.  Of those, nearly 1/2 have been played ftf, ensuring that they are devoid of bias (I tend to play more aggressively than Daniel so we often can consider the opposite player's tactics).  We have worked with four separate designers all of whom have been wonderfully supportive of our work.  We have, in hand, another 270 scenarios that have completed design and are in some stage of development (in many cases that means that they are sitting in a pile on my game table staring at me hauntingly, saying, "we will be published if only you will forego sleep and work...").  The pile doesn't make me feel guilty enough to do anything although as its height increases the potential for a foundation shaking crash does increase. (I should note that I work from paper and many trees and, it appears, one printer have given their life in this effort).

Looming dangerously are another 500 scenarios that are in some level of design as we speak (or, more accurately, type).  And those are just the ones I have gotten a whiff of!
12-10-2015, 06:42 AM,
And those fools said ASL was a way of life...........
12-10-2015, 08:27 AM,
@Matt, of course we expect you to follow in the honorable Jay Townsend's footsteps and immediately input all of your playtesting records once each game is live on the site! Tongue
12-10-2015, 12:51 PM,
Ah, but no can do as Daniel and I hardly ever leave a scenario untouched, meaning that, technically, we haven't played the one that is published...

It would be unethical, immoral and slightly wrong to log those plays...