Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aircraft : Rules contradiction
11-02-2015, 08:15 PM,
Aircraft : Rules contradiction
I'm still reading the 4th edition rule.

I've found a contradiction between rule 11.4 :
Some aircraft have a special Anti-Tank factor (a number printed on a black circle). When attacking, these units fire on hexes using their Direct Fire values normally (15.11). In addition, if any vehicle units are in the hex attacked, the owning player rolls a number of dice equal to the circled Anti-Tank factor on the air unit

And rule 15.13 :
Some aircraft also have a special Anti-Tank attack ability indicated by a printed number on a black circle on the unit (11.4). An aircraft may execute one type of attack OR the other (Anti-Tank or Direct Fire), not both.

During our game session this week end we've played with the old fashionned rule (ie one DF attack + one AT attack).
11-02-2015, 11:23 PM,
RE: Aircraft : Rules contradiction
I hadn't noticed that. We tend to use both attacks as possible rather than one or the other. I would ignore the statement in 15.13.
No "minor" country left behind...
11-04-2015, 01:43 AM,
RE: Aircraft : Rules contradiction
(11-02-2015, 11:23 PM)Matt W Wrote: I hadn't noticed that.  We tend to use both attacks as possible rather than one or the other.  I would ignore the statement in 15.13.

I had noticed but I use the second rule (Direct fire _or_ AT fire) since it seems much more aligned with 4th Ed rules (like using Foot light AT fire in Assault _instead_ of normal assault).