Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Retroactive errata?
07-06-2012, 09:40 AM,
Retroactive errata?
One of the Kursk scenarios in Heroes includes the Sturmpanzer I, a unit found in original Panzer Grenadier only. This vehicle was called the Bison, it mounted an open 150mm IG gun, 1933 model, on a Panzer Ib chassis. There was exactly one of these present at Kursk, in the understrength 704th company of the 5th Panzer division, part of the strategic reserve in the German order of battle.

Now in South Flank we have the Grille, the final incarnation of this sturmpanzer evolution in combat scenarios.

Should we replace the IG33sp in the earlier Kursk scenarios with the Grille?
07-06-2012, 10:29 AM,
RE: Retroactive errata?
That's an interesting idea. I think we need Perryman or that guy in the attic to comment for some real weight! Smile
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
07-06-2012, 10:56 AM,
(07-06-2012, 10:29 AM)Shad Wrote: That's an interesting idea. I think we need Perryman or that guy in the attic to comment for some real weight! Smile

Go with Perryman. He's the designer, so he decides which units are in a scenario; I just worked with what he gave me.
07-06-2012, 11:37 AM,
Both counters have the same values, so either way not a problem.
07-06-2012, 12:56 PM,
Which means replacing the Bison with the Grille doesn't unbalance the scenario. As all vehicles packing the 150mm howitzer were sometimes called Bison's, it does make me want to do still further Order of Battle research.

Likewise, it would be great if we could have a designer's bibliography folder at this forum.
07-06-2012, 01:00 PM,
(07-06-2012, 12:56 PM)larry marak Wrote: Likewise, it would be great if we could have a designer's bibliography folder at this forum.

You really are all about the folders, aren't you? Smile

A bibliography is a list that requires frequent edits. That would best be served by creating a dedicated thread and sticking it to the top of the forum.
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
07-07-2012, 02:34 AM,
(07-06-2012, 12:56 PM)larry marak Wrote: Which means replacing the Bison with the Grille doesn't unbalance the scenario. As all vehicles packing the 150mm howitzer were sometimes called Bison's, it does make me want to do still further Order of Battle research.

Likewise, it would be great if we could have a designer's bibliography folder at this forum.
I would use the Grille counter as the rest of the vehicles in the platoon were Grilles. As for doing more order of battle be careful what you wish for. Thanks, Mike