Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AT opp fire
09-29-2015, 07:13 AM,
AT opp fire
  Does the -1 for targeting a just-moved unit carry over to the next turn?  My interpretation is that it does, but only if the first AS of the next turn is the other player than the last AS of the previous turn; i.e. same player has initiative, and only for the first AS if he gets more than one AS.
09-29-2015, 08:15 AM,
RE: AT opp fire
No, it is only stands in the opposing player's next activation.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
09-29-2015, 09:03 AM,
(09-29-2015, 08:15 AM)plloyd1010 Wrote: No, it is only stands in the opposing player's next activation.

Your answer is not clear.  I specifically posited that the opposing player's next activation is the first activation of the next turn.  It also muddles the question if initiative changes before the next player's activation.

My interpretations (right or wrong):

Player A moves vehicle subject to AT fire.

Case 1). Turn ends and Player A wins initiative.  The vehicle will not benefit from the just-moved -1 unless it moves again.

Case 2).  Turn ends and Player B wins initiative.  The vehicle will benefit from the -1 during first Player B activation only.

Case 3).  Turn does not end.  Player B passes.  Player B wins initiative.  The vehicle will not benefit from the -1.

Case 3 actually just happened for me and Rich. He forgot he passed and applied Case 2 with the same interpretation as me.  I think it's abundantly clear my understanding of Case 3 is correct.  What about the other cases?
09-29-2015, 09:27 AM,
The next turn is not applicable.

Activation r1, player A: Player A moves vehicle. Player B may AT Opfire at player A's vehicle with a v

Activation r2, player B: Player B conducts activation. If activation includes AT fire at vehicle noted in r1, there is a -1 penalty.

Activation r3, player A: Player A conducts activation.

Activation r4, player B: Player B conducts activation. If activation includes AT fire at vehicle noted in r1, there is no penalty.

If the turn ends between r1 & r2, the activation sequence ends at r1.

Clear enough?
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
09-29-2015, 12:59 PM,
  Thanks, it is now.