Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4th Ed Liberation query
07-16-2015, 02:08 AM,
4th Ed Liberation query
The initial release of Liberation engendered some difference of opinion vis-a-vis the maps and pieces.  Does anyone know what APL means by "4th Ed standard" for the re-release of the game beyond simply the rule-set and tables?  Are the counters to be of the stamped sort (like AaD) or ...?  Is the shading of the maps to be less dense or the same as the original printing?

Just curious in advance of the Wait-and-See  (by someone else) approach.

PY
07-16-2015, 03:32 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-16-2015, 03:32 AM by Matt W.)
RE: 4th Ed Liberation query
No idea... I would hope lighter maps (e.g. something that would match the color pallet of the FoF maps). I also expect that the counters won't be the 1/8" thick manhole covers that came with the first edition but rather something more feasible such as the Conquest of Ethiopia counters (I believe they are 1/10" thick but could be wrong.
No "minor" country left behind...
07-16-2015, 03:44 AM,
Indeed, first printing is now a collectable, along with first Russo-Japanese War, first Horn of Africa, and first Sword of Israel, all of which had the gigantic "new age of Avalanche Press" counters.

Combining Beyond Normandy counters (the thinnest ever done for PG with Liberation counters gives you one of the strangest looking game fields you've ever seen.
07-16-2015, 04:33 AM,
Use the new marker sheets with Larry's suggestion of Liberation and Beyond Normandy counters for a truly unique experience...
07-18-2015, 11:35 PM,
(07-16-2015, 04:33 AM)Matt W Wrote: Use the new marker sheets with Larry's suggestion of Liberation and Beyond Normandy counters for a truly unique experience...

I'd be more than happy to exchange a set of the new (4th ed) markers for a set of the "cold-palette" markers, e.g. purple disrupted + blue M/F markers, from Battle of the Bulge!!! 
07-19-2015, 01:36 AM,
I know, for large scenarios I often used two different colored sets to make sure I knew which stack was from which side...