Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Korean War Series Project!
05-19-2017, 06:25 AM,
RE: The Korean War Series Project!
Maple Leaf Brigade is the supplement in which the recon function has the most impact.

Anyone in entering scenarios should contact Shad; the members here will appreciate your efforts. Maybe one of the current volunteer could give a brief overview of the process and estimate how long it takes to enter a scenario.
05-19-2017, 08:46 AM,
(05-18-2017, 08:06 AM)triangular_cube Wrote: The real question is when Maple Leaf is going to be fully filled out... my mostly sequential playthrough will reach there in a good 5 years or so : )

Cube,

Just pulled it out to finish.  Will probably be done by Monday or Tuesday.
No "minor" country left behind...
05-23-2017, 05:45 AM,
I have two questions concerning Korean War: Counter Attack.

1. A number of scenarios in the beginning of the book (e.g. scenario 7, 8, and 9) concern the Naktong river. The maps in these have printed bridges plus river crossing values (and some have underwater bridges too). I would have thought those printed bridges on the map would have been blown by the defending US and ROK forces desperately trying to hold on to Pusan, but I see no mention of that in the scenario write ups. So are the printed bridges OK and can be used in those scenarios or should they be treated as blown bridges?

My second question is that if one has two platoons and one bazooka team in a stack, does one get the DF +1 benefit for having 3 units in a stack?
05-23-2017, 07:08 AM,
RLW, I agree, the underwater bridges and the river crossing numbers are enough on scenarios 7, 8 & 9 and the normal bridges should be blown, maybe put a wreck counter on them as a reminder. I am not sure how I over looked that.

Bazooka Teams stack for free and do not count against the more than three units limit. So two INF and one BT counter as two units but you would get an addition Direct Fire of +1 in assaults for the BT added value.
05-23-2017, 10:09 AM,
(05-23-2017, 07:08 AM)JayTownsend Wrote: RLW, I agree, the underwater bridges and the river crossing numbers are enough on scenarios 7, 8 & 9 and the normal bridges should be blown, maybe put a wreck counter on them as a reminder. I am not sure how I over looked that.

Bazooka Teams stack for free and do not count against the more than three units limit. So two INF and one BT counter as two units but you would get an addition Direct Fire of +1 in assaults for the BT added value.

Thanks for the prompt response! 

BTW, I will do that and treat those bridges as as blown... with a good conscience  given the  game creator concurs that to be the right thing to do.
07-21-2017, 01:24 PM,
I hope it's okay to ask this here.

When is Pusan Perimeter getting a reprint? I'm really interested in this line but want to start at the beginning.
07-22-2017, 12:48 AM,
Sounds like in the next couple of months but go to CSW and ask on the Avalanche Press folder.
07-31-2017, 12:00 AM,
I saw this on the last Gold-Club:

• Korean War: Intervention.
This one’s going to receive some additional research and design work, to flesh out the scenario set to show the ROK participation more fully and use more recent scholarship. There will be a fourth boxed game in the Korean War saga, based on the continued fighting after the Chinese intervention with battles like White Horse Mountain and Pork Chop Hill.

I don't mind if Mike/AP wants to divide this up into a couple of games but not for the reasons listed, as Intervention already covers the areas mentioned and this has 15 ROK scenario out of the 67 scenarios.

I figured my total ROK (South Korean) scenarios to date are 51 grand total: Pusan 22, Counter-Attack 12, Intervention 15 and Allies 2. I also thought Intervention did a great flow of the rest of the war and put it all together in a nice historical fashion. But, I guess more is better and AP always does a nice job with their games. I just wanted to see them faster.

The Allies supplement added more British, Australians, NKPA Guerrillas, Turkish and Philippine troops. Sure that leave out many because of the counter limitations. But a second supplement might include more French as I add few in Intervention, Belgium and more Chinese and maybe some others. But things are so far out, that I won't design the second supplement until AP catches up, or I might be wasting my time. Maybe that will be my last design, I haven't decided yet?
07-31-2017, 10:38 AM,
I'm grateful you brought PG to Korea, but I think it would be more fruitful to discuss these design concerns directly with AP. Then you can share the juicy responses with us and we can celebrate/grouse with you Wink
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
08-01-2017, 02:58 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-01-2017, 07:49 AM by JayTownsend.)
I do but I'll just keep quiet and on Mike's good side, at least I hope? Smile