Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Korean War Series Project!
01-08-2016, 03:26 PM,
RE: The Korean War Series Project!
More scenarios to not play!

Although I've played more PG in the last 6 months than I have in a long while, and I've freed up a gaming table that I may dedicate to PG.
02-29-2016, 03:11 PM,
Ok, sounds like Counter-Attack is getting closer, most likely right after Broken Axis!

Five years ago, I knew little about the Korean War and my main topic of interest was WWII but after reading so many books and studying so many unit and weapon types over the last five years and designing four PG products: Pusan Perimeter, Counter-Attack, Intervention and Allies with a total of 200 scenarios I have grown to really like the subject, on par with WWII in fact. Historically the ebb and flow of the war fascinated me into really liking the Korean War as a great mini-series of games with in the Panzer Grenadier Series. I wish the games would be published faster so you guys and I myself for that matter could really enjoy the finished products. I think when the four mentions games get published I may have two more supplement I could do on the subject, if the interest is there. I would love to see the third game in the series (Intervention) get published this year as well, to get the CCP wave of Chinese troops into action.

Anyway, I wish I had better long term memory so I could actually remember all the things I read and study, so I don't have to reinvent the wheel next time I try and do another Korean War product.

Signed, waiting with anticipation! Smile
03-01-2016, 03:29 AM,
Sounds like the Philippines will come before Intervention.
03-01-2016, 06:45 AM,
That may not true if John Stafford finished development of Intervention before he retired as a developer. I have no clue if he did.

I started development on the first Philippines game. With 75 scenarios. it will take a while before we're done.
03-14-2016, 04:40 PM,
No John stopped after Counter-Attack but John, Mike and AP all have the materials I submitted for Intervention as well as myself of course.
03-14-2016, 04:48 PM,
Ok, just to get everybody in the mood for the Korean War and the next game up in the series: Counter-Attack and Intervention in the future as well as Pusan Perimeter for those who haven't bought it yet.

Attached Files Image(s)

06-11-2016, 03:53 AM,
The Korean War offer a unique gaming experience within the Panzer Grenadier series of games that goes outside of the World War II realm but yet it stays in the Panzer Grenadier era as far as weapons go. Most of the combatants choose to use their vintage World War II weapons, armor, radios and vehicles. Some exceptions would be the use of Jets in the form of the U.S. F-86 and the Soviet MIG-15 and of course the helicopters being used for reconnaissance and medical evacuations. Another exception would be the M46 Patton Tank, which would eventually replace the M26 Pershing Tank, and had a better power plant/engine, bore evacuator on the main gun and few other improvements. In a few more years the M46 would be replaced by the M47 Improved Patton Tank and so on.

Most people have forgotten the Korean War, as the victory seemed hollow with the loss of so many lives to end in a stalemate, which did little to offer pride to the American culture in the 1950’s. But in reality a Third World War was narrowly avoided and so was the use of nuclear devices. Two Koreas, Two Superpowers: The (United States & Soviet Union), the U.N. countries and China all battled it out in the confines of the Korean Peninsula. The Soviets only in supplying their Communist Allies and testing the will power of Americans.

The Korean War though ending in a stalemate was a fluid war with movement back and forth, north and south for first few years and offers a lot as far as the type of scenarios and situations in the Panzer Grenadier series.

On July 27th the Armistice was signed. The Korean War was over on paper at least. The United Nations Command (UNC) suffered over 500,000 casualties including 94,000 dead. The Communist forces suffered an estimated 1,500,000 casualties. The ROK forces lost over 70,000 killed and 150,000 wounded not counting the 80,000 captured who the majority died in captivity. An additional 2 million civilians can be added into these figures. The United States losses were 33,629 dead, 103,284 wounded and 5,178 missing or captured. Hardly a war that should be forgotten!

In Panzer Grenadier, the Korean War comes in a mini-series of games within the Panzer Grenadier series: (Korean War: Pusan Perimeter, currently available, Korean War: Counter-Attack, coming soon, Korean War: Intervention, complete and waiting development, Korean War: Allies-supplement complete). Some different nationality matchups than what is normally in the PG series, so if you want to game something different but also similar to WWII, these are the games for you!
06-11-2016, 05:20 AM,
IMHO anything that happened up to about 1960 should still work within the PG system.
06-11-2016, 06:03 AM,
Agreed!
06-11-2016, 08:36 PM,
A better breakdown of casualties:

http://koreanwarstuff.com/korean-war-death-toll