Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Different Quality Counters
02-08-2024, 07:03 AM,
RE: Different Quality Counters
(01-31-2024, 11:58 AM)treadasaurusrex Wrote: Very bad maps for those of us with color vision limitations. Hopelessly unbalanced and unplaytested scenarios. No decent terrain key provided. The list is long . . .

Are they that bad, those games are highly rated, granted the game designer gives them all 4 plus ratings which has to be skewing the score, gotta love padding those stats.
CavDo and Tankodactyl like this post
"Don't let the dirt and rust hang you up, we like to give the impression that we are out of action badly in need of rest and reorganization"
02-08-2024, 07:15 AM,
You're on the right track about the relative rating.
OldPueblo, Tubac52, cochise75 And 11 others like this post
02-08-2024, 11:48 PM,
....and that's exactly what it was, Goose. Long slugging matches. As a retired Marine, I can relate to that. (Perhaps that is why I feel a bit sympathetic to the Marines plight in WWII. See "Pacific" for a bit of enlightenment on the topic... it's on Neflix.) Now it IS possible that long slugging matches is not what you all wish to see in your games, but life (and war) is not all what we wish it could be, nor is it "fun". I stand with my earlier comment about discovering the tactics and strategy of all types of warfare. (Realizing full well that slogging through a jungle is not exactly "exciting"..... just necessary, at times.)

GG
CavDo and treadasaurusrex like this post
02-24-2024, 04:05 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-24-2024, 04:08 AM by Juiceman.)
A quote from the most recent Gold Club Update on the game "Fire and Sword", right from the horse’s mouth:

“We did re-use the stockpile of pieces from the old Road to Berlin, because we had a lot of them. “

That means you might be receiving counters from 2006, almost 20 years old, glad I placed my order at a huge discount several years ago.
Tubac52, Tambu, sagunto And 5 others like this post
"Don't let the dirt and rust hang you up, we like to give the impression that we are out of action badly in need of rest and reorganization"
02-24-2024, 09:10 AM,
The counters isn't exactly the main thing behind the game. I, for one, tend to compare, collate and trash those "counters" that do not conform to the rest of the "set". For instance, I threw out most of my camouflaged SS counters because the Black ones I got look so much better. Twenty years old? Bring 'em on!

I've been waiting for this game to be published for over a year now, don't fuss about the small stuff!

GG