Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Rules] 7.61 Step Losses/Direct and Bombardment Fire
07-05-2012, 01:55 AM,
7.61 Step Losses/Direct and Bombardment Fire
Got my first 2X Direct Fire result in a very long time.

The target hex is dug-in and comprised of a Disrupted HMG, a Demoralized reduced strength INF unit and a Demoralized 0-8-1 Leader (Captain).

Since the owner determines which target combat unit takes the step losses and chooses the reduced strength INF unit, is the excess step loss ignored or "distributed" to the Disrupted HMG?

Thanks in advance.

Pete
07-05-2012, 02:26 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-05-2012, 08:13 AM by Shad.)
RE: 7.61 Step Losses/Direct and Bombardment Fire
(07-05-2012, 01:55 AM)pmaidhof Wrote: Got my first 2X Direct Fire result in a very long time.

The target hex is dug-in and comprised of a Disrupted HMG, a Demoralized reduced strength INF unit and a Demoralized 0-8-1 Leader (Captain).

Since the owner determines which target combat unit takes the step losses and chooses the reduced strength INF unit, is the excess step loss ignored or "distributed" to the Disrupted HMG?

Thanks in advance.

Pete

Pete, you must take a total of two step loses in your situation and after you roll for morale and if those demoralized units are still there and fail by 3 or more you could lose even more steps, not to mention the leader casualties dice roll.
07-05-2012, 02:29 AM,
(07-05-2012, 01:55 AM)pmaidhof Wrote: Got my first 2X Direct Fire result in a very long time.

Thanks in advance.

Pete

Two steps are removed !

If you had even had 2 full-strength units, you could, if you so you wished take 1 step off of each.
07-05-2012, 02:33 AM,
Thanks for the timely responses guys.
07-05-2012, 02:33 AM,
If it were me Pete, I would get rid of the reduced step demoralized INF unit and lose one step of the disrupted HMG and then roll for demoralized and leader casualties.
07-05-2012, 02:43 AM,
(07-05-2012, 02:33 AM)JayTownsend Wrote: If it were me Pete, I would get rid of the reduced step demoralized INF unit and lose one step of the disrupted HMG and then roll for demoralized and leader casualties.

Yep, that's the way I'm headed. Thank you.