Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bitter End: Attack to Budapest, 1945 by Compass Games
07-05-2012, 01:34 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-05-2012, 09:08 AM by JayTownsend.)
Bitter End: Attack to Budapest, 1945 by Compass Games
I love this game, its kind of a monster but its one of the few monster games I enjoy playing it every couple of years. I have played all three scenarios and will continue to replay them in the years to come. It comes loaded with the Soviet & Rumanians vs. German & Hungarian armies and with lots of tanks as I know that is what PG gamers like as well!
07-05-2012, 08:16 AM,
RE: Bitter End: Attack to Budapest, 1945 by Compass Games
*sigh* someday I'll get off my ass and play this. I bought a beautifully punched and clipped copy off eBay for $25 years ago. I've read the rules, set it up, even had a PBEM game ready to go once... but something external always comes up to interfere with me enjoying this game.
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
07-13-2012, 11:55 AM,
RE: Bitter End: Attack to Budapest, 1945 by Compass Games
I really dig this game. I played "Budapest '45" from Command Magazine several times, but this is a superior game. The size and time it takes to work through is the only thing that keeps me from playing it more often. After 3 plays since it came out I have yet to break through to the Budapest Garrison.......so close....oh, so close....just a couple of hilly hexes....