Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Power of the East Leaders
04-11-2015, 01:14 PM,
Power of the East Leaders
I was going through the Power of the East scenario book and counters and noticed that there are 3 NKVD leaders in addition to the Soviet leaders in the mix.

The SSRs state that the leaders from Sinister Forces and Road to Berlin are to be used.

When looking through the scenarios, there are a few where there are no pieces from Road To Berlin; they are to be pulled from Eastern Front.

So how do these leaders fit in:

1. Are the 3 NKVD leaders mixed with the Sinister Forces leaders?
2. Scenarios with the RKKA units, Are just the RKKA Leaders from PotE used or are they mixed with Road to Berlin or Eastern Front?

For that matter, Are the Japanese leaders handled the same way? No notes in the errata to that effect.

Thanks in advance for the help.
04-12-2015, 05:52 AM,
RE: Power of the East Leaders
Yes, they are mixed when drawing. The trick is sorting them out afterwards. I coded mine for sorting.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
04-13-2015, 04:35 AM,
Thanks, Peter! It sounded that way i just wanted to make sure. It will throw off my homemade leader selector application but I was planning on modifying it anyway.
04-13-2015, 10:55 PM,
Tony, you will find in PoE that Konstantin tries to design a little too close to history. That is to say he tries to work the outcome more than the situation. When we played it I made a couple of notes.

Scenario 1: He is expecting you to use strategic movement here. Otherwise you will find the scenario is about 4 turns to short.
Scenario 3: Let the Soviet side setup 5 hexes from the hills, or a Japanese unit. Otherwise you will be doing that scenario 2 march all over again. Keep in mind that the intro does say the Soviets were able to use the fog as cover. You may also want to give the Soviets a minor victory if they can dominate just one hill (not both).
Scenario 5: That Captain with the 175th Artillery, make him a Lieutenant and things will work better.
Scenario 6: The armored car brigades need 2 BA-6's. I made some in my Soviet Supplement 1 a while back. Also the Japanese are trying to exit the west side of the map, the the south.
Scenario 7: He is trying to create 3 fortified lines here. You will have 2 solid rows of 5 entrenchment markers and on row which can have a gap of one hex.

If you have Workers & Peasants, you may want to use those leaders in place of any Road to Berlin leaders which are called for (especially in the Lake Khasan scenarios).
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
04-14-2015, 04:47 AM,
Off topic but thanks for the sheet plloyd. I hadn't seen that before. Well done.
04-14-2015, 05:24 AM,
Thanks. I made it to cover PoE, AF, Tank Battles & Red Warriors. I just hate it when the special rules say something like, "the Soviet infantry units represent...".