Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Proposed Rules for Zombie Troopers
04-04-2015, 08:15 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-04-2015, 08:16 AM by larry marak.)
Proposed Rules for Zombie Troopers
Any one map scenario with Axis troops makes a good Zombie scenario.

All inf, grenadier, and schutztruppen infantry are zombie troopers, as are their assigned officers.

Zombie infantry does not disorganize or demoralize as a combat result. A combat result that disorders places one hit (use a mine 1 counter) on the zombies. A demoralizing result places 2 hits on the zombie platoon (place a mine 2 counter). Three hits on a zombie counter causes them to dissipate, like a bursting bubble. Zombies continue to attack per their leader's activation rolls regardless of hits.

On the direct fire table zombie attacks are resolved with an additional -1 modifier (their eye-socket to brain coordination leaves much to be desired).

Zombie leader counters (called Necromancers) can add their combat or morale bonuses, whichever is higher, to assault roles for platoons they accompany. They increase the brain-lust of their troops.

Defending Commonwealth, U.S., and U.S.S.R. counters do not get any combat benefits from their activating leaders in direct fire, but do get morale bonuses from them in overcoming morale checks during direct fire. In assault, its every man for himself.

Try this variant on any convenient Friday the 13th, or on Halloween. Wink
04-06-2015, 05:43 AM,
RE: Proposed Rules for Zombie Troopers
Need to add that eliminated Allied units come back after some delay as Zombie's if eliminated in Assault. You could do this as a ratio. Two or three for one in terms of infantry, four or five to one in terms of anything else.
04-07-2015, 05:54 AM,
(04-06-2015, 05:43 AM)zaarin7 Wrote: Need to add that eliminated Allied units come back after some delay as Zombie's if eliminated in Assault. You could do this as a ratio. Two or three for one in terms of infantry, four or five to one in terms of anything else.

I like it... unless the allies win the close combat and destroy all the attacking zombies. Then it would be assumed that they 'kill' their dead before they rise again.
04-12-2015, 07:31 AM,
Larry, how about writing this up as a Daily Content? If you like, I can help with the story / edits.

-Jim
"Bugs! BUGS!!!"
04-15-2015, 03:09 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-15-2015, 03:14 AM by larry marak.)
Good idea. I'll see if I can expand it a little and include a scenario conversion from Elsenborn ridge.

Already working on the frp sequel, "Wizards and Wirbelwinds" (or Whately's and Warplanes for the U.S. army side).

PG offers infinite possibilities.....
04-16-2015, 10:11 AM,
(04-15-2015, 03:09 AM)larry marak Wrote: Whately's...

PG offers infinite possibilities.....

I think you need to start on the shoggoth variant as well! Smile

And rules for Deep Ones, to cover the National Guard action against Innsmouth in February 1928 (summoned shoggoth optional!)! Wink

-Jim
"Bugs! BUGS!!!"
04-17-2015, 02:14 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-17-2015, 02:21 AM by larry marak.)
The game they wouldn't print

GWAS: U.S.Navy Plan Innsmouth.
(Would have to include adaptation of special frogmen attack from Bomb Alley to GWAS system.)

(for those wondering what these 2 nuts are talking about, Jim and I both have an abiding love for H.P. Lovecraft's universe of infinite horrors)
04-17-2015, 02:15 AM,
By the way, in PG Zombie, decapitation of a leader takes on a whole new meaning :-)
04-18-2015, 01:20 AM,
(04-17-2015, 02:14 AM)larry marak Wrote: (for those wondering what these 2 nuts are talking about, Jim and I both have an abiding love for H.P. Lovecraft's universe of infinite horrors)

I'm with you there - some of the best horror fiction I have read.