Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sherman Tank frustration & strategies?
07-08-2012, 05:43 AM,
RE: Sherman Tank frustration & strategies?
(07-07-2012, 12:11 PM)Blackcloud6 Wrote: BTW, lately I've been thinking about what would have been the best tank production strategy forthe Germans later in the war. The notion I like the best would have been for the Germans to stop production on all tanks and tank destroyers and produce nothing but Stug IIIGs and Panthers. The Stugs we're excellent defensive weapons and the Apthers would have been the backbone of the counterattack force. The Stug was easy to produce and many could have been made to offset the Allies numerical superiority somewhat.
Agreed but I would substitute the JdpzIV with the original gun as they were an awesome defensive weapon and I would built the Tiger I for offensive operations. Manned by veteran crews they were a handful and the crew stood a good chance of surviving if the tank was destroyed. There were also awesome psychological weapons as their crews felt invincible and the enemy saw them behind every bush.
Thanks, Mike

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sherman Tank frustration & strategies? - by mike perryman - 07-08-2012, 05:43 AM