Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sherman Tank frustration & strategies?
07-08-2012, 05:35 AM,
RE: Sherman Tank frustration & strategies?
(07-08-2012, 03:29 AM)larry marak Wrote: Anyone have statistics to bring up here?

The work I cited above includes data from Allied survey teams regarding German tank losses (see especially chp 13). A notable quote is based on the losses due to mechanical breakdown: "the most accomplished slayer of German panzers was German engineering." It would be interesting to poll members regarding the % of German tank losses through air strikes compared to the data given in this work.

As I noted in the post above, there is a nice discussion, for example, of the M4 Sherman engagement with PzVs at Bezange-la-Petite (where 4 M4 tanks destroy 8 PzV's).

One deficiency I noted in the text is a fascination with range at the expense of discussion regarding rate of fire. Had the German engineers worked out an increased fire rate (via more efficient turret rotation and interior ventilation systems) with the already superior optics and range of their long guns ...

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sherman Tank frustration & strategies? - by Poor Yorek - 07-08-2012, 05:35 AM