RE: BEF 1940 scenarios
(03-07-2015, 03:49 AM)plloyd1010 Wrote: Oops! Blush
Fixed it.

Smile

Looks great!

rv
03-07-2015, 05:46 AM,
Thanks again Peter. I've gotten both of them now and can't decide which one to play first. What a problem to have.

Michael
03-07-2015, 06:03 AM,
It depends a lot on how many burning tanks you want to see. I actually would like to hear back about what doesn't seem to work. The pieces seemed to work (in the past), but then these things always seem to work, when you are doing the parts.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
03-07-2015, 01:37 PM,
Thanks Peter! You're a genius! What military history sources are you using?

Chris
03-08-2015, 12:56 AM,
What I have been reading, specific to this:
Quote:The War in France and Flanders by Maj. L. F. Ellis
Achtung Panzer by Heinz Gudarian
World War 2 Today for April 21, 1940 and the link account by Lt. J. P. Guy
France 1940: Blitzkrieg in the West from Osprey Publishing
Lots of other stuff too, which I cannot quite place at the moment (like excerpts from searches in Google Books). Most of the "new" scenarios I do began life in some other game system. For example, the Lillehammer scenario began in Steel Panthers: W@W. By the time I'm done with them, they do not look much like the original (sort of like movies made from books).

How did it play? I left the fuzzier parts fuzzy because I think of each scenario as a little lab experiment. I'm mostly interested in the interaction aspects and historical relationships. That is why my scenarios are a compilation of pieces. These are actually the first 2 that I have put up here.

Peter
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
03-08-2015, 08:02 AM,
(03-08-2015, 12:56 AM)plloyd1010 Wrote: What I have been reading, specific to this:
Quote:The War in France and Flanders by Maj. L. F. Ellis
Achtung Panzer by Heinz Gudarian
World War 2 Today for April 21, 1940 and the link account by Lt. J. P. Guy
France 1940: Blitzkrieg in the West from Osprey Publishing
Lots of other stuff too, which I cannot quite place at the moment (like excerpts from searches in Google Books). Most of the "new" scenarios I do began life in some other game system. For example, the Lillehammer scenario began in Steel Panthers: W@W. By the time I'm done with them, they do not look much like the original (sort of like movies made from books).

How did it play? I left the fuzzier parts fuzzy because I think of each scenario as a little lab experiment. I'm mostly interested in the interaction aspects and historical relationships. That is why my scenarios are a compilation of pieces. These are actually the first 2 that I have put up here.

Peter

Good sources. Was the Osprey the most helpful regarding OOB?
03-08-2015, 08:15 AM,
It helped a bit with the scenario in France. For the one in Norway I referred to Lt. Guy's account, a couple other narratives and a couple Norwegian websites I came across.
03-08-2015, 11:30 AM,
(03-08-2015, 08:15 AM)plloyd1010 Wrote: It helped a bit with the scenario in France. For the one in Norway I referred to Lt. Guy's account, a couple other narratives and a couple Norwegian websites I came across.

May I suggest Hitler's Pre-Emptive War, The Battle for Norway, 1940, © 2009 Henrik O. Lunde. I picked this up a few years back at a clearance sale and it looks like a solid source to me. FWIW I'd recommend it to anybody looking for a decent history; it's also a good source for scenario ideas.

Just my 2¢.

Michael