Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spearhead Division
07-21-2017, 10:23 AM,
RE: Spearhead Division
It sounds from today's Insider, that Dr B would like to avoid holding onto Free Spearhead until the next qualifying boxed game (Empires Fall) is released. Order the Moon GC Journal, put free Spearhead in the comments box, and you will get your free copy months quicker.
07-22-2017, 08:15 AM,
Got Spearhead today.
No "minor" country left behind...
07-31-2017, 02:43 AM,
I still haven't received Spearhead yet!
08-04-2017, 07:17 AM,
My APL copy hasn't arrived yet, but I managed to snag a copy from a store (for the modules I play heavily, or plan to, I like to have two copies).

Obviously I haven't played any scenarios yet but from reading over the notes/scenarios it looks really, really good. Perry, Matt and Daniel, and anyone else who worked on this, deserve a ton of credit. This module looks really great.
08-05-2017, 02:44 AM,
Still don't have mine either, not even a ship notice. Qualified for the old counter set. Was that last year, or the year before?
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
08-05-2017, 03:54 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-05-2017, 04:10 AM by Poor Yorek.)
Back on 13 April I received the following from APL:

Quote:On Thu, Apr 13, 2017 at 9:16 PM, Avalanche Press <customerservice@avalanchepress.com> wrote:

Hello [redacted],
Thank you again for your recent purchase at our online store. A shipment has been made on your order.
Here are the details of your shipment:
add 2nd Spearhead, GD44
Panzer Grenadier. Korean War: Counter Attack    USPS - United States Postal Service  

As Spearhead wasn't shipped then (with KWCA), I'm assuming that it would come subsequently (along with GD44).  Nothing so far and I emailed APL to inquire.

PS I did order the Moon Day counters a couple of days ago, but didn't think to add anything about Spearhead in the comments: so :Confusedhrug:: 
08-05-2017, 08:38 AM,
All partial ship invoices include the entire order in the summary.
08-05-2017, 10:15 AM,
I'm already playing the first scenario in Spearhead. It has a number of distinguishing features imo that make it unlike any other scenario I've played. This is great to see. The battle scenario arrangement shines in this pack as well. This is quickly shaping up to be my favorite module in the whole line.

I'll try to write up a full AAR for the scenario database when I'm done.

Fwiw I'm partial to the M4 defense revision (upping the armor from 3 to 4), so I think I'll play with that from now on. The Spearhead pieces of course still use the original 3 defense.

The first scenario also features the US 1st infantry, the Big Red One. Were there ever Big Red One counters published? All I could find is an old pdf of the Texas division (the 36th).
08-05-2017, 10:33 AM,
(08-05-2017, 10:15 AM)petermc Wrote: I'm already playing the first scenario in Spearhead.  It has a number of distinguishing features imo that make it unlike any other scenario I've played.  This is great to see.  The battle scenario arrangement shines in this pack as well.  This is quickly shaping up to be my favorite module in the whole line.

I'll try to write up a full AAR for the scenario database when I'm done.

That's high praise! I can't wait to read the AAR. Smile
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
08-07-2017, 06:37 AM,
I finished the first scenario already. Whenever the database allows it, I'll enter a record and AAR.

Definitely an excellent scenario and a good "first" scenario as well.