• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spearhead Division
01-26-2015, 06:34 AM,
Spearhead Division
This looks kind of interesting:

http://www.avalanchepress.com/Spearhead.php
01-27-2015, 01:48 AM,
RE: Spearhead Division
And if you look into the Library, under Formations, there are 32 scenarios available for you to test the Spearhead's mettle in!
01-27-2015, 02:15 AM,
Quote:The new Armored Infantry pieces replace standard INF pieces when the Spearhead Division set is in use (but not at any other time!). They reflect the much greater size and firepower of these platoons as compared to the line infantry ... The order of battle includes a few machine gun platoons, but far fewer than a standard infantry outfit (the machine guns are, for the most part, distributed among the armored infantry).

So what does one do with an OOB predicated on the standard disbursement of HMG? Simply "replacing" INF by these ARM units but keeping the # of HMG's allocated seems unbalanced as conceded by the article. One might exchange 4x ARM (for a total of 28 DF points) for the standard 3xINF + 1xHMG company (also with 28 DF points). One loses the range of the HMG piece, but each of the individual ARM platoons makes it to the 7-col on the DF table.
01-27-2015, 06:51 AM,
Poor Yorek

As (based on past practice) Mike will supply a demonstration scenario or two for this countersheet, you might want to drop him a note a Mike@avalanchepress.com forwarding your question so he has a reminder to address it when he does the follow-on article.
01-28-2015, 04:33 AM,
I finally beat you in posting something Larry! Smile

I am trying to talk Mike into adding a German Jagdtiger counter as well.
01-30-2015, 12:54 AM,
(01-26-2015, 06:34 AM)JayTownsend Wrote: This looks kind of interesting:

http://www.avalanchepress.com/Spearhead.php

"It's a special sales incentive for Gold Club members who order our new Panzer Grenadier games." Pardon my ignorance - assuming one is a GC member, how exactly does this work?
01-30-2015, 11:45 AM,
(01-30-2015, 12:54 AM)ariel_d Wrote: "It's a special sales incentive for Gold Club members who order our new Panzer Grenadier games." Pardon my ignorance - assuming one is a GC member, how exactly does this work?

Generally, the GC membership provides one discounts on various games, particularly pre-orders. Additionally, they have goodies like counter-sets for multiple purchases, e.g. buy two games, get counter set X; buy three games, get counter sets X & Y. That sort of thing.
01-30-2015, 10:37 PM,
(01-30-2015, 11:45 AM)Poor Yorek Wrote:
(01-30-2015, 12:54 AM)ariel_d Wrote: "It's a special sales incentive for Gold Club members who order our new Panzer Grenadier games." Pardon my ignorance - assuming one is a GC member, how exactly does this work?

Generally, the GC membership provides one discounts on various games, particularly pre-orders. Additionally, they have goodies like counter-sets for multiple purchases, e.g. buy two games, get counter set X; buy three games, get counter sets X & Y. That sort of thing.

I have to say I just joined the Gold Club and it seems a bit opaque as to how you would take advantage of this.
01-31-2015, 05:04 AM,
Have you received a Gold Club Insider yet? That's an email update Avalanche sends every few weeks to its Gold Club members. It explains current promos.

If you still have questions, post them here without referring to specific products (tradition mandates Larry Marak is to spill the beans) and I think it's likely some GC members will be able to answer you
01-31-2015, 07:39 AM,
Let's be fair. Sometimes Jay Townsend also spills the beans first, too.