Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Edelweiss
01-02-2015, 02:47 AM,
Edelweiss
What's the diff between Edelweiss, IV and Expanded? I have Edelweiss but not sure which one it is.
01-02-2015, 03:58 AM,
RE: Edelweiss
IMHO each time scenarios were reviewed, expanded or dropped or added. Also the text was added or changed. Then one had a sticky sheet of counters and counter sheet was actually made for another one.
01-02-2015, 04:02 AM,
So if I have a sheet of counters it's 'Expanded'?
01-02-2015, 04:05 AM,
That's what I remember. The sheet was done for one product and left over's used in a second product.
01-02-2015, 05:12 AM,
You can look at the Games page in the Library section of the site and just match your cover. The Edelweiss I have is IV (It is also the newest one). It has 41 scenarios and it is missing the Soviet order of battle for #18, the Mius Line, which i did get from APL.
01-02-2015, 12:54 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-02-2015, 02:38 PM by plloyd1010.)
Edelweiss had a small 70 counter countersheet, plus the Soviet gunboats & Karl mortars. The scenario book had 24 scenarios. There were several additional counters which could be downloaded to flesh out the counter sheet. Boards used in the module only went up through board 12. The rules in the book for the Karl siege mortars were quite thin, and there were no scenarios for them or the gunboats.

Edelweiss Expanded added 8 more scenarios and reworked most of the older ones. Board usage went up to board 21. The countersheet more than doubled to 161 (counting the double sized ones). The new countersheet included the downloadable counters associated with the earlier Edelweiss. Karl mortars were still barely dealt with, and still no scenarios.

Edelweiss IV brought 9 more scenarios, including 2 for the siege mortars and 1 for the gunboats. The counter sheet the same as the expanded edition. The map set expanded into the Fall of France board numbers. There were some background articles. Karl rules were more refined, mostly along the lines of the Daily Content article. The counter sheet was laser cut and a little sooty.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
01-02-2015, 11:47 PM,
Oh thanks tlangston. I never thought about using the Games section like that.

And I do have the sooted counters. My first experience with them. Kind of messy.

Looks like I have IV... thanks everyone.

rv
01-03-2015, 04:13 AM,
Ask nicely, and send a picture of the counters, and I'll send a copy of the DIY counters.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
01-03-2015, 04:41 AM,
Thanks. I scanned them. I could make other counters from that if I want to. I have a bunch I want to try making though I need to buy the supplies to do so. The problem is... supplies or more games? Guess what has been winning so far? Smile

I'm pretty close to the end of PG things I want to get so the idea of buying DIY stuff is becoming a reality.

Thanks!

rv
01-03-2015, 05:21 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-03-2015, 05:23 AM by plloyd1010.)
(01-03-2015, 04:41 AM)richvalle Wrote: The problem is... supplies or more games? Guess what has been winning so far? Smile

How could I possibly argue with that? Ahh, I know!
Bet'cha don't got one of these:

Supplies mean doing what you want.