Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using PG and digital games together = fun!
06-02-2012, 09:25 AM,
RE: Using PG and digital games together = fun!
(06-02-2012, 08:20 AM)Shad Wrote: During a period of my misspent youth when I was "disinclined" to pay for software I downloaded one of the Combat Mission games. The concept really appealed to me but it was far too hardcore for the limited attention span I had at the time.

Man, I haven't thought about that series in years! Has it modernized at all or is it still chugging along with the same graphics and interface it had in the early "aughts" ?

Visit the AAR link I posted above, and you'll see what the CMx2 engine looks like in action, with all the best terrain and vehicle and uniform mods running. Huge improvement over the 2000 era game, with an entirely different engine that models the soldiers 1:1.

It's nothing like the super-slick commercial games and first-person shooters that today's younger and digital gamers are used to -- so only grognards and history buffs and real wargamers tend to appreciate Combat Mission and it remains a niche game...albeit one with a fanatical and growing following.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Using PG and digital games together = fun! - by broadsword - 06-02-2012, 09:25 AM