Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Conversions to Expansions when Games Are No Longer in Production
07-10-2014, 12:06 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-10-2014, 12:21 PM by tlangston28.)
RE: Conversions to Expansions when Games Are No Longer in Production
(07-10-2014, 08:06 AM)vince hughes Wrote: . I think over time you will build your 'retro' part of PG at quite a cheap price if you hang on to your euros and wait to swoop when the bargains appear.

Brett, this is true. on several posts on this site, i have mentioned that most of my PG games/books/supplements, if not purchased in one of AVPs sales along with Gold Club, was purchased online, whether through EBay or other online retailers. Saipan and Burning Tigers are the only time I actually ordered a game before it was printed and for mostly the list price minus GC discount.

In fact, my copy of BoB was purchased from an Online distributor and came with the MOUNTED maps and the 2nd edition rules. When I received the product, I had a game with all pieces and 2 #12 boards and no #9 board (or vice versa, I don't remember). The online distributor worked with me and AVP to get a copy of the Woods and Hills Map package for about cost (HIS cost) so that I had a complete set of BoB maps.

I didn't mind going the Ebay route because now I have most of the games and can play almost any scenario in my inventory. I Don't have Kursk-SF yet but that will probably be next at some point.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Conversions to Expansions when Games Are No Longer in Production - by tlangston28 - 07-10-2014, 12:06 PM