Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Conversions to Expansions when Games Are No Longer in Production
07-10-2014, 05:51 AM,
RE: Conversions to Expansions when Games Are No Longer in Production
I hope you went for Liberation '44.

There are lots of copies of Battle of the Bulge available in secondary markets and that game always show up on sale once a year on the Avalanche Press website. You can typically get a copy for $24-$30 from AVP if you wait for the AVP sale, or a little less if you pick it up on eBay or from a Consimworld or BGG seller. I think I have three physical copies of Jungle Fighting plus the PDF. I bought one copy from AVP while on a deep sale ($8 if I remember correctly) and two additional copies on eBay for $1.99 each.

Why do I purchase the last two copies? Because I purchased several supplements from the seller and adding those two did not add to the shipping cost. My hope is to be able to throw a copy in a trade offer, along with other duplicates I have, for the laser-cut counters from War of the Equator!

Finding Liberation '44 at a deep discount is still next to impossible. I like its production values (maps and thick counters) but others (Vince in particular) were not so pleased.

About Guadalcanal, let me know if you want the whole game or just the counters. I can keep my eye on it on eBay if you just want the counters. I am not interested in mailing a game to Europe but the counters in an unmarked 9" x 12" envelope may not be subject to import duties.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Conversions to Expansions when Games Are No Longer in Production - by Hugmenot - 07-10-2014, 05:51 AM