Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SotM] 2012 July - Prepare for Battle!
07-09-2012, 02:39 AM,
RE: [SotM] 2012 July - Prepare for Battle!
(07-08-2012, 11:51 PM)leonard Wrote:
(07-08-2012, 06:12 AM)upintheattic Wrote: Scenario of the Month 2012 July - Scenario Selection is Complete!

a) The first turn is 0000. That's midnight, so it's a Night scenario.
b) Yes, fields are limiting terrain unless special rules say otherwise.
c) There are tanks. Note the symbols on the German armored-vehicle counters and compare to the list in the lower righthand corner of Page 3 of the rulebook.

Thanks for the quick answer.
Regarding Night scenario, it's not obvious at all when reading the 1.2 definitions on page 3 (visibility = 1 hex).
OK for fields.
Tanks vs Tank destroyers ! Ouch, this is new ! If I remember well, that particular question has already been heavily debated on consimworld (Vince & all) and the answer was just the opposite... "AFVs count double" would be best, I think.

I believe visibility is two hexes in this scenario rather than one because snow on the ground reflects moonlight etc. and thus increases visibility. But I'd still follow the shading on the turn-record track to determine what's a Night turn unless special rules said otherwise.

I view tank destroyers as a subclass of tank that has its own special characteristics as defined in the special rules. It's still a tank because of the symbol on the counter; if it weren't, we'd come up with a different symbol like that for armored cars and APCs.

Messages In This Thread
[SotM] 2012 July - Prepare for Battle! - by Shad - 06-28-2012, 11:21 AM
RE: [SotM] 2012 July - Prepare for Battle! - by upintheattic - 07-09-2012, 02:39 AM