Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strategy - Advancing against very strong AT Guns
06-28-2012, 03:11 PM,
RE: Strategy - Advancing against very strong AT Guns
(06-28-2012, 02:47 PM)Shad Wrote: The thing to remember about AT guns, however ferocious, is that they can only fire once per turn. This means that if you carefully consider ranges and avoid overlapping fields of fire you should be able to overwhelm them in sequence by presenting more targets than they can handle at one time.

If INF is screening the guns you will have more difficulty. In the setup you posted I would make every effort to wedge through the infantry line at the far left and overrun the single gun, then roll up the flank. This way you are only exposed to one gun (or one + a long distance half strength shot) at a time.

I think I'll keep the infnatry on foot when in range. No point giving away 3 steps for the price of one. Particularly when they can move almost as fast on foot over the open terrain. The British will then need to decide if they want to fire at the armour or take the free (80-95% certainty) Katzchen. Armour 2, doesn't stand up to well against an 8-8 AT Gun!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Strategy - Advancing against very strong AT Guns - by GeneSteeler - 06-28-2012, 03:11 PM