Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Noticed 'Hidden' Rule For Assaults
12-24-2013, 07:38 PM,
Noticed 'Hidden' Rule For Assaults
I was fooling around today with PG in the absence of any proper play recently for many reasons including decent PC access.

Anyway, I stumbled on a situation that may have cropped up in others play, but not mine or an opponent's that I can remember.

Situation

Defenders in a town hex consist of good order leader 8-0-0, 1 x reduced DEM INF and 1 x DEM INF.

Attackers were 2 x leaders, 2 x SCH all activated (with others) for a FIRE activation.

I considered sending in a leader with 1 x SCH first, assault and then again, send the next leader in with the other SCH and assault again. This would have given a 6 point SCH on the 5 column (+1 with leader, +1 better morale, +1 all enemy units DEM, -2 attacking town) a net of +1 column for 2 x 9 column attacks.

However, I decided to check the rules to see if the assault could be done this way and noticed at rule 12.2 the following:"Resolve the assault after ALL (my caps) active units which are to enter the assault hex this action segment have finished entering the hex."

In other words, when you assault a hex in one Action Segment, it can only be assaulted the once and not multiple times. If I had wanted to do the 2 x 9 column attacks, I would have needed 2 activations. A very subtle rule buried away in there IMO.

As I say, I have never tried it in a 'live' opponent game, so it goes to show how just goofin' around with the system can find new rules, or should I say, old ones that you never noticed. Fortunately, with me never trying it before, no opponent can call 'foul' for a previous game we've played. Angel

Is this new to anybody else ? Anybody assaulted the same hex twice in one activation ?

Messages In This Thread
Noticed 'Hidden' Rule For Assaults - by vince hughes - 12-24-2013, 07:38 PM