Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brett & Vince's C&C Kings Officers 1940-41 Campaign Diary
11-30-2013, 03:39 AM,
RE: Brett & Vince's C&C Kings Officers 1940-41 Campaign Diary
The second half of the battle was a bit of a surprise. I had given up on chasing down exiting units and accepted the inevitable loss. Right before the end I had just about every remaining British foot unit rallied and massed for a final attack on the stragglers but time was up. I had expected to be able to wreak a little more havoc than I did with the remaining force but the two assaults I made slowed things down. Especially the one where that one platoon of Italian INF stubbornly held out for over an hour. At one point I thought you were actually going to succeed in chasing down the lone HMG unit protecting the road with the L6/40 or eliminate it with an airstrike and/or OBA. I believe that considering the deployment and available personnel I didn't fare so bad. Truly my MVP was the 2-pdr -not only that it destroyed 3 steps of L3/35s but that it also survived as long as did from the repeated bombardments and airstrikes. That AT gunner should be considered as a candidate for a posthumously awarded Military Cross for his actions. I hope to and have to do a lot better on the offensive with the upcoming Operation Compass. Enjoy the spoils of Egypt!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Brett & Vince's C&C Kings Officers 1940-41 Campaign Diary - by nebelwurfer9 - 11-30-2013, 03:39 AM