Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brett & Vince's C&C Kings Officers 1940-41 Campaign Diary
11-27-2013, 11:10 PM,
Brett & Vince's C&C Kings Officers 1940-41 Campaign Diary
Well others have posted campaign blogs for the real hardcore campaigns in the supplements. So I thought I would post one for our 'softer' version that Brett and I are playing and that we could add to as we bumble along.

The 1940-41 Desert War Campaign lasts for 9 scenarios and kicks off with a scenario that represents the Italian army's bumbling & stumbling into Egypt that appeared to have little objective other than to 'enter Egypt' ? The scenario is a 16 turner called "Italy Invades Egypt".

The blog will not be AAR's as we of course post them elsewhere, but instead, rather a "this is what we are doing right now" type of blog. For results of EACH scenario and the final campaign tally a side needs to score 30% more points for a minor victory and 50% more points for a major victory. So even if one side wins more battles, its not a given they will win the campaign.

So today, scenario One has kicked off with me trying to get elements of the Italian 10th Army, more numerous than the Coldstream Guards, but unsurprisingly, lower moraled past the Guards and off the board. VC's are awarded for inflicting casualties, exiting troops and holding a road.

Brett certainly had a good today IMO. His guards, initially stretched in deployment, were abe to hold up some of the Italians and as Guardsmen, their well-trained and accurate rifle fire caused a good few Italians to lose their morale and become stragglers. But far harder hitting were his 2 batteries of 2pdrs that enjoyed ripping into 3 steps of my Cans of Beans disguised as tanks called L3/35's. However, Italian tankery honour was restored when their L5/40's both scored hits on the 2 steps of Brens, both needing 10's to hit.

But at the halfway stage, turn 8 of 16, the majority of Italians have gotten past the Men of England and are pushing onwards into Egypt. A battling 8 turns remain where the residual Italian forces will have to see how they contend with the defenders. Losses so far are 6 Italian step equivalents and 4 British step equivalents. With the guards controlling the road this puts the score at Britain 9pts and Italy 4pts. However, there are around 30pts of Italians about to exit.

Another blog entry tomorrow from me.

Messages In This Thread
Brett & Vince's C&C Kings Officers 1940-41 Campaign Diary - by vince hughes - 11-27-2013, 11:10 PM