Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Struggle For A Commission: The Diary
01-05-2014, 11:19 PM,
RE: The Struggle For A Commission: The Diary
In my on-going games with numerous opponents, Turn 2 of my PBEM game of Kursk South Flank (The massive "Where Have All The Soldiers Gone) ended the quickest a turn could end.

The Germans won the initiative with two activations, but as my opponent uses FOW after the 'loser' has had 3 activations, he managed to roll a 16 straight away.

This meant that a bit of German OBA and their heavy tanks fired and one flank of the SS infantry forces could move only.

In the first turn, the Soviets sent out some extra infantry against the German heavy tanks that had advanced up the road to attack the entrenchments there. Winning the initiative, these tanks caused havoc on all the infantry around them using their DF's at point blank range. Though only 2 Soviet steps were removed, around 7 or more infanty and HMG platoons were left DIS or DEM with none in good order. It was quite easy to imagine SS tankers MG'ing and firing HE into these Red masses. The German left entered the first town hex on board 38 in a 2 hex complex and are readying to attack 2 Soviet platoons there.

No German losses this turn and just 2 Soviet steps.

Total losses so far
German 1
Soviet 3
Percieved chance of winning 50-50% far too early to tell in a 30 turn game of this size, but the German VC's do look a lot to achieve. But then I am only viewing from my side of the fence. On to turn 3.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Struggle For A Commission: The Diary - by vince hughes - 01-05-2014, 11:19 PM