Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Struggle For A Commission: The Diary
11-11-2013, 07:15 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-11-2013, 07:40 AM by vince hughes.)
The Struggle For A Commission: The Diary
As fate would have it, I am one play away from attaining a PG Commissioned rank and wouldn't you just know it....... Most of my upcoming and on-going games are quite large epics that will be played over a number of sessions and therefore a longish time-span. Now it could be that Wayne fits in one of our one nighter midweek games before the end of the month and I therefore cross over the 'Commisioned LIne'. However, I thought it might be a bit of fun to report 'loosely' on how the on going sagas develop as I will not be doing much in the way of AAR's for sometime.

First I best list the games I am involved with and the communication vehicle etc. I'll then post two short notes afterwards each reporting very briskly on the current endeavours.

1. Stalemate at St.Barthelemy from Black SS. Being played over Skype with Hugmenot. 110 counters, 18 turns. SS trying to hold off a large American attack.

2. Quiet Persuasion from North Wind, being played over Skype with Alan Sawyer. 147 counters, 30 turns. German army launch attack on American positions on 1st Jan 45 to the south of the Bulge campaign.

3. Hells Fury III from Tank Battles being played ftf with Wayne Baumber. 397 counters, 35 turns. Masses of Soviets attack German positions from the east & west during the snow filled Op Mars campaign. Starts next saturday.

4. The Wessex Division Attacks from beyond Normandy to be played over Skype with Tony Langston. 96 counters just 15 turns. High moraled but outnumbered and seriously out OBA'd SS to hold off a British attack during Op Epsom. This one awaits a start date from the Langstonian.

5. Where Have All The Soldiers Gone from Kursk SF a PBEM with pal John Legan in Chicago. 277 counters 30 turns. This will take an age, perhaps a year, but the scenario appears to encapsulate the Kursk battle in one scenario. Masses of everything and looks to be a potential bloodbath.

As well as all those, I have a smaller game starting on Thursday with Nebelwerfer........... Depot Defence from EFD. This will more likely end before any of the above.

Short updates to follow: Stay tuned for more of "How Vince got a Commissioned Rank"

Messages In This Thread
The Struggle For A Commission: The Diary - by vince hughes - 11-11-2013, 07:15 AM